The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
I’ll never understand why people got so worked up about not supporting a national team

People can support whoever they want , there is no requirement for people to support England etc
True, but if he only started flying the scarf and flag after the semi’s then he is possibly attention seeking and looking to stir up scum bags.

If they were placed there before a ball was kicked then fair enough.

It would be very naive of him to think nobody would be bothered.🤷‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
True, but if he only started flying the scarf and flag after the semi’s then he is possibly attention seeking and looking to stir up scum bags.

If they were placed there before a ball was kicked then fair enough.

It would be very naive of him to think nobody would be bothered.🤷‍♂️

What does it matter, why would anyone be bothered about it - it’s just sport

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The guy obviously lacks common sense.
If we lose on Sunday & a group of young lads have been on the sauce all day and see his window 🤷‍♂️

PaulMdj

Visit site
You surely support teams you have something to do with?

I heard a Liverpool supporting Welshman, never been out of Newport, moaning about seeing a kid in Newport in a Man City shirt. Called them a bandwagon jumper. I said, surely you've done the same.

He looked deeply hurt. 🤣🤣
Success influences kids, some keep their loyalty, some wise up!

Never see so many Man City shirts on kids over the years here in the NE as I do now.

Some of the “local” Lpool & Utd fans around claim they started supporting said tesms when they were kids.🤷‍♂️

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I find it strange that an English person would not support England. I know the Scots and the Irish/Scouse element have legit reasons but why would anyone born and bred in England not be sticking up for England?

Tbh I think only @Arthur Wedge fits in this odd group so really this is aimed at you feller. Please explain.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I find it strange that an English person would not support England. I know the Scots and the Irish/Scouse element have legit reasons but why would anyone born and bred in England not be sticking up for England?

Tbh I think only @Arthur Wedge fits in this odd group so really this is aimed at you feller. Please explain.
I know plenty that don’t support the England football team despite being English

The England football team become very tribal during the late 90’s and into the 00’s
- Chelsea or London based fans slagging off Gerrard etc because he was playing for Liverpool , the media circus with the Beckham era and also a total disconnect from the team that was London centric

And add in what happened in the late 80’s and a certain ex PM etc

It will always be the club first

I don’t “support” any national team hence not being bothered either way about England

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I know plenty that don’t support the England football team despite being English

The England football team become very tribal during the late 90’s and into the 00’s
- Chelsea or London based fans slagging off Gerrard etc because he was playing for Liverpool , the media circus with the Beckham era and also a total disconnect from the team that was London centric

And add in what happened in the late 80’s and a certain ex PM etc

It will always be the club first

I don’t “support” any national team hence not being bothered either way about England

I honestly do not know a single English person not rooting for England.

From your link…

“It (read this 3 times and cannot really work out what IT is) is an establishment which has worked against the interests of the city for decades, and for many, the national team represents that.”

Is a truly pathetic, self pitying whine.

And you Phil are not even from Liverpool. You served in the Royal Air Force for goodness sake! Are you sure you’re not trying to be anti-English just to validate yourself as a Liverpool fan?