The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, he's frustrating. He needs to decide, he can either be a world class holding midfielder, maybe second only to Rodri - or just a pretty good box-to-box player. But if he chooses to focus on holding I think his career is all set. Top teams are always crying out for a player like that.

Id rather he had stuck to it when he played for us. Sure he could do the other role pretty well , ironically with Alvarez next to him he could do that. But he is the holder. He should be doing that for England. Him and Bellingham looked a good partnership back at the world cup but now seems that's over.

PaulMdj

Visit site
So do you persist with Kane who hasn’t offered anything?
Watkins is a mobile forward .. use him.
You select your attacking line based on the opposition’s weaknesses. I think I would play Toney or Watkins but not full game time- we have squad depth and 5 subs. That is a strategy in its own right.

If and it’s clearly the case we are not getting any joy from Kane as our striker you change it .. how good he was historically is irrelevant this is the here and now, play the in form players. Kane fizzled out in the Bundisliga towards the end ..
Southgate made the right change but it was a little late, but the pressure should be off him and allow him to pick Toney or Watkins .. Southgate also did not react to the tiredness exhibited by his players .. this is a high attrition tournament and squad rotation is required.. so you stick with him as the manager but he is not strategically on point nor is he observant enough to notice his team’s on pitch state. But his support staff should guide him help him .. as a man manager I think he is very empathetic and supportive.
But if we follow your advice we will be second best .. stubbornness is a weakness not a strength.
Kane is the equal top scorer in the comp, one of the best strikers in the World.

As I asked you before, Where were your shouts for Watkins prior to his 15 minute appearance the other night? He had 20 mins in the other game against Denmark and made none to little difference.

Watkins is quality and would be ideal, imo, to play alongside Kane, but no chance he is ready to replace him.

As for the fan boy comment, I’m very much for playing your best XI and right now it is the XI that started against Holland.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It'll be good for both. Everyone deserves a second chance. Let's hope he knuckles down. 👍

I hate seeing players move on without playing anywhere near their potential. It’s happened too much at United in the last decade.

This lad has shown glimpses of what he is capable of. But the Ronaldo signing was a huge spanner in the works as far as his early United career was concerned, and it’s just not got going since.

I’d absolutely love to see him turn things around.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No problem with everyone else not wanting us to win.
Bit embarrassing when you see people from England not wanting us to win,especially when they like to make a big song & dance about it 😬

They think it adds to their "right on credentials!" 😁

I love the away England's abject failure of "limping out the Group" would have represented the biggest thing in 150 years for some places. 😉

That must be awful.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
They think it adds to their "right on credentials!" 😁

I love the away England's abject failure of "limping out the Group" would have represented the biggest thing in 150 years for some places. 😉

That must be awful.
Someone put a Spain flag & Spain scarf in their window (he’s English) obviously he had to post it on social media so everyone can see how much of a tool he is.
If he gets a brick through the window I hope he won’t waste the police’s time.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Someone put a Spain flag & Spain scarf in their window (he’s English) obviously he had to post it on social media so everyone can see how much of a tool he is.
If he gets a brick through the window I hope he won’t waste the police’s time.
Do you know this bloke? Maybe he’s Spanish and married to an English woman?

PaulMdj

Visit site
He’s English,posted it on Twitter 👍🏻👍🏻
Just found him, Scouser who claims Spain have been his favourite team for 20 years.🙄 If he’s attention seeking then he’s got what he wanted, probably best ignored.

It’s nothing new though, Lpool fans have been waving Spanish flags since Alonso, Torres signed.

Not sure how anyone would deserve having their windows smashed and then be accussed of wasting Police time.🤷‍♂️

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Just found him, Scouser who claims Spain have been his favourite team for 20 years.🙄 If he’s attention seeking then he’s got what he wanted, probably best ignored.

It’s nothing new though, Lpool fans have been waving Spanish flags since Alonso, Torres signed.

Not sure how anyone would deserve having their windows smashed and then be accussed of wasting Police time.🤷‍♂️
Never said he’d deserve it 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Not going after the poster rather than the post are you buddy? 🙄

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I’ll never understand why people got so worked up about not supporting a national team

People can support whoever they want , there is no requirement for people to support England etc