The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
England are the Millwall of international football. 😆
I know some people like to portray this but it is no more the case than many other larger nations. I've had European customers message me this week, from Scandinavia, Baltic States, Central Europe, Germany, France, Italy, Portugal (especially Portugal 😄), saying that they hope England win.

It doesn't fit the narrative for some but then their minds are already made up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know some people like to portray this but it is no more the case than many other larger nations. I've had European customers message me this week, from Scandinavia, Baltic States, Central Europe, Germany, France, Italy, Portugal (especially Portugal 😄), saying that they hope England win.

Ach they are just softening you up for a discount ;)

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scottish nationalism demonstrates that left wing racists are just as bad as right wing racists.

Exactly the same in Wales, you should have heard some of the crap in the bar yesterday.
English nationalism is ok though, eh?

For what it's worth, there have been far more anti-Scots jibes on here than anti-English ones. Apologies if that doesn't fit with your "everybody hates us, we don't care" narrative.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lots of opinions about who deserves to be in the final but to be fair some decisions have gone certain ways in games and then that team gets a decision against them in another game .. it’s hard to be right 100% of the time.

What I hope is to see a match where both teams show us their class and the winner is football irrespective of the result.. in that I want to just be bowled over by the talent, skills, tactical awareness.. I don’t want to see rolling about calling for cards and I don’t want watch “back pedal billy football “ ..

All I will say to both teams is show us your best side, this is your opportunity, do it.

Do I care about who supports who ? no that’s your choice just be polite to one another .. and I like the hero worship songs about your players, they are great entertainment as well.