The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone can get beaten heavily, but having some players chucking in the towel and ETH losing control, that ain't great. Interested to see their response next game.
Even worse when it’s the club captain he just gave up -you could just imagine how Keane would be reacting towards players like Fernandes, he has lots of quality but poor attitude, no fight at all in and his antics are some of the worst in the Prem

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone can get beaten heavily, but having some players chucking in the towel and ETH losing control, that ain't great. Interested to see their response next game.
Antony is tracking Gakpo for his second but just stops and lets him run from the halfway line.
really poor.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I were supporting a team that got stuffed 7-0 in a "derby" I'd be very worried about what that said about attitude. No pride, no fight and lots of mardy bums complaining and wanting to be off the pitch. I'm not sure that's something you can say is just a one off 90 minutes but I guess we'll see.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
So we are now just 3 points behind Spurs with a game in hand - unbeaten in 5 I think now , it’s the sort of result that will just hopefully push the players on

Salah was imperious and Martinez torn apart by him , Gakpo quality on the ball and Nunez is a handful , with Diaz to come back along with Jota and Bobby will give us plenty of firepower

The area I thought Utd would dominate was the middle of the park but Fabinho and Henderson controlled it very well and Elliot was very good on the ball. Konate is key for us and is going to be a beast at the back

Very strange selection from Utd - Rashford through the middle just doesn’t seem to work and it played into Konate hands and also allowed TAA a free roam. Still a heck of a lot of work for Utd to do to ensure it’s not just a flash in a pan season , they should bin off Fernandes - embarrassing player and Ferguson wouldn’t have him near the armband

Salah now our top Prem scorer - unbelievable he has been and can’t believe some were writing him off

Unbeaten in 5 you think?
Don’t you know?
Google is your friend

One good win and all of a sudden you can’t stop chirping.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think most United fans are realistic enough to accept they are still very much a work in progress. And also to understand that, whilst that is a shocking result, it was 90 minutes out of a season where there are way more positives than negatives. The important thing is how they respond to that performance.

I’m always one who sees light amongst the gloom. Just imagine how much worse it would have been if Harry Maguire had been playing………
Harry at least has a bit of fight in him imo.

I can’t remember seeing a UTD side fold like that.
it’s a good job it’s not Fergie in the dressing room after.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I were supporting a team that got stuffed 7-0 in a "derby" I'd be very worried about what that said about attitude. No pride, no fight and lots of mardy bums complaining and wanting to be off the pitch. I'm not sure that's something you can say is just a one off 90 minutes but I guess we'll see.

I’m sure ETH won’t stand for that performance and attitude.
Shocking from top class players

D

Deleted member 18121

I've enjoyed the result but last time I checked it's still only 3 points and we need to turn up like that far more often if we want a top 4 place.

I expect man utd to bounce back next game, 7-0 is a freak result for a team that had been very good this season.

But I'm enjoying every last word from the pundits at the moment, I'll soak this up today.... But hope we turn up same intensity for the next game.

Swango1980

Visit site
Even when Utd were at their best in 90's, there were still very bad games where we got tonked. We are not the best now, very much work in progress. They've been battling hard most games, played a lot, and today the heads dropped. I'd also say it was crazy that every time a mistake was made, it fell beautifully to Liverpool. Sometimes you expect to get away with some, maybe lose 3 or 4. Had deGea messed up like Allison, Liverpool would have had a certain goal.

Not all bad. Utd were never realistically going to win the league. Hopefully this sort of result allows them to ask some tough questions of themselves in next few days. Harry Maguire will be loving it. Might get a game.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s only 3pts dropped but having won the corresponding fixture at Old Trafford…

I’m sure there’s positives for Ten Hag, i.e. he knows who hasn’t got the right character, pride and fight when it goes very wrong. Plenty there for a good manager like TH to ponder.

As for Liverpool, a confidence filler? A kick start, a spring board for the run in. Here’s hoping.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s only 3pts dropped but having won the corresponding fixture at Old Trafford…

I’m sure there’s positives for Ten Hag, i.e. he knows who hasn’t got the right character, pride and fight when it goes very wrong. Plenty there for a good manager like TH to ponder.

As for Liverpool, a confidence filler? A kick start, a spring board for the run in. Here’s hoping.

Anybody who takes a positive out of a 7-0 tonking to our most hated rivals needs a good looking in the mirror.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Anybody who takes a positive out of a 7-0 tonking to our most hated rivals needs a good looking in the mirror.

Think you missed the point Tony. The positive is it will have highlighted those that need a kick up the ‘arris. Highlighted the negatives.