The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We been doing that for years.. Sullivan doesn't want to overpay for someone in January who he can get for free in the summer

Then that person is either annoyed of waiting (lingard) or just gets a better offer because we waited around lol

Rinse and repeat

Fortunately I believe our owners will spend the money in the summer, they've not held back since we came up!

Id love a bit of JWP if Southampton don't avoid the drop :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So where is Bellingham going in the summer & for how much?
With the sale of Cancelo for around £60m in the summer, City only have to find another £60m to buy him. All happy on the FFP front. They may sell another midfielder so he ends up being cost neutral, they have plenty spare.

Surely Liverpool have blown their chances with their current look so it is either City or Real, which does he fancy?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
With the sale of Cancelo for around £60m in the summer, City only have to find another £60m to buy him. All happy on the FFP front. They may sell another midfielder so he ends up being cost neutral, they have plenty spare.

Surely Liverpool have blown their chances with their current look so it is either City or Real, which does he fancy?

Bernado Silva will be another on his way I bet!

Swango1980

Visit site
Record breaking January deadline day then.

I've not seen a lot of Sabitzer, but from what I know hoping it is a good bit of business from Man Utd. Definitely to help cover the gap left by Eriksen (I still chuckle when I remember the moment he signed, and Danny Murphy confidently told us all on Talksport he'd only be a bit part player at Man Utd, and therefore not make any huge difference)

£107m for Fernandez to Chelsea (yet to be confirmed apparently). Is this just an inflated price due to the World Cup? Will he be like a James Rodriguez to Real Madrid type signing? (I completely forgot he was at Everton not so long ago, until I looked at Wiki and reminded me).

Navas to Forest is another interesting one. Not bad cover for an injured Henderson, and the 28th signing Forest have made this season (yes, they could field 2 teams with 3 subs on each, from their new acquisitions this year)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The thing is though .
its a Bellingham that we need to spark the team.
it’s comes down to personal terms

Swango1980

Visit site

I've not seen a lot of Sabitzer, but from what I know hoping it is a good bit of business from Man Utd. Definitely to help cover the gap left by Eriksen (I still chuckle when I remember the moment he signed, and Danny Murphy confidently told us all on Talksport he'd only be a bit part player at Man Utd, and therefore not make any huge difference)

£107m for Fernandez to Chelsea (yet to be confirmed apparently). Is this just an inflated price due to the World Cup? Will he be like a James Rodriguez to Real Madrid type signing? (I completely forgot he was at Everton not so long ago, until I looked at Wiki and reminded me).

Navas to Forest is another interesting one. Not bad cover for an injured Henderson, and the 28th signing Forest have made this season (yes, they could field 2 teams with 3 subs on each, from their new acquisitions this year)
If it is City, then I can see Kalvin Phillips becoming another Danny Drinkwater after his move to Chelsea

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thing is though .
its a Bellingham that we need to spark the team.
it’s comes down to personal terms
If you were Bellingham's agent would you point him towards City or Liverpool right now? You are having a wobble, may miss CL, may need a year of rebuild. Will that work straight away or not. City ............. none of that, would slot in straight away. Can you out offer City on the wages front by that much?

I agree that he would be perfect for you but does he need to take that risk? (a year ago it wasn't a risk at all, such is football)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you were Bellingham's agent would you point him towards City or Liverpool right now? You are having a wobble, may miss CL, may need a year of rebuild. Will that work straight away or not. City ............. none of that, would slot in straight away. Can you out offer City on the wages front by that much?

I agree that he would be perfect for you but does he need to take that risk? (a year ago it wasn't a risk at all, such is football)

Yeah but you’re forgetting he had a “moment” with Henderson at the World Cup ?

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Ill add to this - theres no way Liverpool can match United or City in transfer fees or wages!

Swango1980

Visit site
Ill add to this - theres no way Liverpool can match United or City in transfer fees or wages!
I'd imagine Utd will be prioritising a striker (unless Weghorst suddenly becomes a world beater and scores 20+ goals). Not sure how much that would leave to spend, with FPP and all that. Unless they bid for Bellingham and offer him a 43 year contract

D

Deleted member 15344

Could be anywhere but likely City for around 120m

Depends on if you listen to the noise

At the moment the talk is all about Liverpool , it seems his family are heavily involved in it all

I don’t think it will come down to money and I don’t think he will be looking to go to Madrid

I still see us being in pole position at the moment , he would be the main man , take the 8 shirt , appears Klopp really wants him and the player is a huge fan of the club - wages and package should be ok

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Depends on if you listen to the noise

At the moment the talk is all about Liverpool , it seems his family are heavily involved in it all

I don’t think it will come down to money and I don’t think he will be looking to go to Madrid

I still see us being in pole position at the moment , he would be the main man , take the 8 shirt , appears Klopp really wants him and the player is a huge fan of the club - wages and package should be ok

Lets be honest - there's one team that pretty much guarantees a trophy a season and its not Liverpool.

No one cares what shirt number they're given these days, they want to win silverware and get paid a bucket load to boot.

Id be stunned if he picked Liverpool. I also don't think you will pay the fee.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'd imagine Utd will be prioritising a striker (unless Weghorst suddenly becomes a world beater and scores 20+ goals). Not sure how much that would leave to spend, with FPP and all that. Unless they bid for Bellingham and offer him a 43 year contract

While this may be the case there's not many 100m strikers out there atm to choose from. I don't see United spending more than 60m on one - whos worth it?

There's no way United can pass up on Bellingham without trying. He would be in your midfield for 10 years.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I think the Sabitzer detail is an excellent one for United given the circumstances i.e. only knowing the extend of Eriksen's injury with 24 hours of the transfer window left open. You could argue that it shows how little depth United have in their squad that they needed to do this however still a good signing IMO.

In terms of Chelsea I think that, on a business front, what they are doing with the FPP vs player contacts is very clever. They spotted a loophole and with a bit of creative accounting they have managed to spend 700m euro's in 6 months without breaking the rules, round of applause for their financial guys!! On a player front it is high risk in the sense that you pay a large fee for a player and they don't work out (think Lukaku at £100m) then you're really going to struggle to get rid without taking a massive loss. I'm assuming that the owners are well aware of this and are happy to take the risk.

Fernandez wise, it's a load of money and you're paying for potential rather than anything achieved (4 goals in 29 games this season) and it would seem an excellent bit of business by Benfica.