The Cricket Thread

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Anyone who was wondering earlier if the red ball reset was showing signs of promise must now be crashing back down to earth. Normal service is being resumed.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just checking in to see who we're blaming for this rubbish. ???
Root, Silverwood et al had no batting to work with. It's chronic. And everyone mentioning a reset, these are the best players. You can't polish a turd

Totally agree. I’ve always thought talk of a reset was cobblers. You can only reset if you have either underlying talent to work with or some sort of alternative. We have neither.

www.hiltonpark.net
Lees is another opening batsmen who goes nowhere like Sibley, Burns etc before him. You need a top 3 that rotate. Crawley has oodles of talent but looks a net batter who doesn't rotate. We simply don't have a 3 anywhere, Root is Root and I think Bairstow was our best batsmen in the winter, so a bit rough to drop him. Brooks would have been the reset option but until that top 3 get sorted doesn't matter what we do in the middle order.

D

Deleted member 3432

76 overs in a full days play on a sunny day at Lords. Yet again complete and utter contempt for the paying fans, and they just dont care
At least it ensures the game goes into day 2....

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just saw Alex Hales score 90 runs in about 30 balls.. anyone knows if Stoksey will bring him into the side? Asking for a friend …

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
why would you pick someone for the test side based on him slogging every ball in a T20 to a short boundary?

asking for a friend.......

I was thinking for T20s… but could do in the Tests too.. made more than half the test team put together and in half the time.. (that’s what my friend says)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was thinking for T20s… but could do in the Tests too.. made more than half the test team put together and in half the time.. (that’s what my friend says)

well Stokes has nothing to do with selecting the T20 side........

and as for slogging in T20s being transferrable to the test side, pretty sure the evidence is pointing the other way on that lol

D

Deleted member 23270

A team that scored 132 first innings looking highly likely to win the test match with 2 days to spare :rolleyes: