The Cricket Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sad news about Chris Cairns and wish him well in his recovery. He is a mate of one of the Kiwi players I played with. Took time to support a function at our cricket club back in the day.
I saw him play after his international retirement in a Bunbury style game at a local club a few years ago. There were other ex internationals playing but he stood out. He flick one straight 6 that was just obscene. Absolute bull of a man, I had a bit of a man crush on him seeing him in the flesh ??. Hopefully he will have some form of recovery.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Bairstow and Buttler fail again I see, neither are cut out for test cricket, they have has their chance time to move on I think
I’d like to see Buttler come out and be really aggressive, in the Pant mode, I feel like that’s his natural game and he’s fighting it the whole time - let him play his natural game and see if that releases him a bit.

Bairstow is frustrating, he looks great, then it always feels like he gives his wicket away.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to Lord's today to see the first day of Middlesex v Derbyshire. Never been to Lord's before so was an interesting day. Fabulous stadium visually, the new stands fit in really well, unlike a lot of new developments at grounds these days.

sunshine

Visit site
Went to Lord's today to see the first day of Middlesex v Derbyshire. Never been to Lord's before so was an interesting day. Fabulous stadium visually, the new stands fit in really well, unlike a lot of new developments at grounds these days.

It's an amazing stadium. I like the MCC ethos of preserving the quirkiness of the ground. They could just build a big bowl to maximise capacity (there is certainly demand), but instead every stand is individual and has some architectural merit and doesn't overshadow the historical buildings like the pavillion.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's an amazing stadium. I like the MCC ethos of preserving the quirkiness of the ground. They could just build a big bowl to maximise capacity (there is certainly demand), but instead every stand is individual and has some architectural merit and doesn't overshadow the historical buildings like the pavillion.

Yes, i enjoyed that as well, each stand has its own personality. Sat in the Mound, Tavern and Warner Stands during the day and sneaked into the Allen Stand (supposedly members only but I wasnt challenged by the stewards) and each had a different feel to it.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Those who forget history are condemn to repeat it.. Kohli stubbornly not changing his side and not playing ashwin.

.. another English victory in 4 days?

On the plus side, while Jimmy has sent shivers down the Indian spine, it is actually the next generation of bowlers that are more effective. Can only be good for England when Jimmy gets his P45 after he qualifies for state pension..

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I find soft signals in case of close catches very pointless. The whole point is that the umpire can’t see it.

On the frontal slo-mo, it looked like the ball was grounded between Moen’s fingers. I would have given benefit of doubt to batsman.

The days of onfield umpiring are numbered

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had hopes for Malan.. gone. Gripping test cricket but will Eng stay till Tea today?

Btw.. why does Bairstow walk around as if he is at the Dentist?