The Cricket Thread

Grizzly

Visit site
“Stick to the rules and take wickets”. What a terrible mentality.

If they stuck to the rules, Starc wouldn't have been claiming that catch last night. Though Sandpapergate proved conclusively that the rules don't matter to the majority of this Australian team.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
If they stuck to the rules, Starc wouldn't have been claiming that catch last night. Though Sandpapergate proved conclusively that the rules don't matter to the majority of this Australian team.
Many people still consider that he had the ball under control. I think I’d have considered myself in control of that catch as well but it was rightly ruled out when examined more closely.

Here’s a fact so many people chose to ignore: not every act that breaks a rule is cheating.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
“Stick to the rules and take wickets”. What a terrible mentality.

Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to shake hands with the opposition after the game but it is good sportsmanship to do so. I assume that you would fully support England refusing to shake hands with the Aussies at the end of the game because they're "sticking to the rules"?

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
Nowhere in the rules does it say that you have to shake hands with the opposition after the game but it is good sportsmanship to do so. I assume that you would fully support England refusing to shake hands with the Aussies at the end of the game because they're "sticking to the rules"?
Of course I would. No one should shake the hand of someone they don’t respect and if the run out has caused the England players to lack the respect of their counterparts, they shouldn’t shake their hands.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
England did not deserve to win this test match at all! Only “ahead” for about 4 overs just before Stokes got out.

Glad the better team won (and with their most prolific wicket taker getting injured). England play very very entertaining cricket and I hope they stick to their guns. A few losses are inevitable but remember that both games have gone 5 days and been super exciting. Series will be tastier now with the controversy

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
It feels like this series will go down as one played at a very low quality.

England mindless in attack. Both teams having consistently questionable tactics with their bowling. Australia struggling to put games to bed when they’re well on top.