The Championship is over for another year...........

GRAEMBO

Assistant Pro
Visit site
2 rounds on saturday, I had 74 in the morning(+3) and was 3 shots off the lead.

Level through 9 round 2, missed birdie putts at 13 and 14 from less than 15 ft.

Hit the 15th in regulation and the wheels fell off completely!!!

Bogey number one of the back 9 came with a 3 putt, I calmed myself and hit a good tee shot off 16, only to slip when hitting my second off the upslope, I proceeded to 3 putt again for a 7!!

Made a good par at 17, and then came the hammer blow up the last, I had 6 shots from less than 20 yards to the flag, including 3 from 3 ft!

8 over 79, and not qualifying for the matchplay from the championship.

I played the best golf I have all season, and I was really buzzing walking into the last field, and it collapsed all around me! I am absolutely gutted. Just need to go out in the midweek medal tomorrow and shoot the lights out!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I feel your pain. I shot nett 78 (+8) and missed the cut by three so had yesterday off. When you work out I was +11 gross for the par 3's and had a triple bogey 7 so was + 14 gross for 7 holes I only dropped six shots in the remaining holes which I was quite pleased about.

I still haven't quite come to terms with the par 3 fiasco and don't know whether the triple at the 7th was a result of the double bogey at the par 3 5th (OB and then made par with the second ball). I'm pretty sure my head was in meltdown on the 8th after the previous two holes as its only 139 off the back and I missed the green by 30 yards right.

Going to play the front nine tomorrow and exorcise some demons

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I feel your pain. I shot nett 78 (+8) and missed the cut by three so had yesterday off. When you work out I was +11 gross for the par 3's and had a triple bogey 7 so was + 14 gross for 7 holes I only dropped six shots in the remaining holes which I was quite pleased about.

I still haven't quite come to terms with the par 3 fiasco and don't know whether the triple at the 7th was a result of the double bogey at the par 3 5th (OB and then made par with the second ball). I'm pretty sure my head was in meltdown on the 8th after the previous two holes as its only 139 off the back and I missed the green by 30 yards right.

Going to play the front nine tomorrow and exorcise some demons
Homer do you have gross and net championships or just net?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We always use to have a gross and nett prize but looking at the scores on HDID it seems to be a nett competition this year which a) I didn't know about and b) I think is totally wrong. I'll be asking around tomorrow as I'm sure there was mentin of a prize for best gross score which in my eyes is THE champion and the best nett

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ours was last weekend, and was 2 competitions at the same time both over 36 holes.

The top 30 gross and top 30 nett both went through to the second day. Obviously some of those overlap, so there was 38 played on the Sunday.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
2 rounds on saturday, I had 74 in the morning(+3) and was 3 shots off the lead.

Level through 9 round 2, missed birdie putts at 13 and 14 from less than 15 ft.

Hit the 15th in regulation and the wheels fell off completely!!!

Bogey number one of the back 9 came with a 3 putt, I calmed myself and hit a good tee shot off 16, only to slip when hitting my second off the upslope, I proceeded to 3 putt again for a 7!!

Made a good par at 17, and then came the hammer blow up the last, I had 6 shots from less than 20 yards to the flag, including 3 from 3 ft!

8 over 79, and not qualifying for the matchplay from the championship.

I played the best golf I have all season, and I was really buzzing walking into the last field, and it collapsed all around me! I am absolutely gutted. Just need to go out in the midweek medal tomorrow and shoot the lights out!!

A hard pill to swallow that one. Only thing to do is put it down to experience and it should make you tougher when youre next in the same position.

GRAEMBO

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in the midweek medal today.....74 again, and Im blaming my older brother for 2 bogeys I had, throwing clubs and running back up fairways!

I also hit the flag with my approach at 7, and again with my Tee [****] at the Par 3 8th!

Ill still only get 0.2 cut as our SS is always 2 under!

nulassilb

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Our Club Championship:
Nett and scratch played as one medal over 36 holes.
Memorable for me because Rd 1 included an 11 on our par 5 12th (playing partners both carded 8s) - nett 75 (four over)
Rd 2 included a 7 on the par 3 2nd, where I called a two shot penalty on myself after hitting my own bag (hope this was right). I then got it back with a nett 68 and a 0.6 cut. Nett score over the two rounds was just over my hcp and I was pleased I took part.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If a player’s ball is accidentally deflected or stopped by himself, his partner or either of their caddies or equipment, the player incurs a penalty of one stroke. The ball must be played as it lies, except when it comes to rest in or on the player’s, his partner’s or either of their caddies’ clothes or equipment, in which case the ball must through the green or in a hazard be dropped, or on the putting green be placed, as near as possible to the spot directly under the place where the ball came to rest in or on the article, but not nearer the hole.