4BBB 2's Club scenario

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But you don't enter both scores in a better ball

You do on a PSI screen.
We do it with IG and we used to do it with COBRA
You just put NR on a hole on one of the players scores if the other person has a score for that hole or you put both scores if you wish.

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’s for precisely this reason we don’t have 2’s in either pairs comps or team events at ours.

In opens I have played elsewhere they have always paid out on all 2’s, regardless of whether or not a player’s 2 actually contributed to the team score on a hole.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
But you don't enter both scores in a better ball
I always record both scores when both players gave putted out, and always recommend others do just that do that. A number of times I have checked the scores of prize winning teams to find that a score has been incorrectly recorded in the wrong column and have had to reduce the number of points gained due to the player not getting a shot. Many a time the player has contacted me to say, but we both putted out for that gross score. Well tough luck you should have recorded both scores then you would been in the prizes. We all make mistakes.

D-S

Visit site
If it was the Club's policy to only pay out for one two per hole in a better ball, I would like this made clear prior to payment for entry to the 2's comp as it would inform my decision whether to enter or not.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played in a 4bbb with @Beezerk on Saturday. On one of the par 3 holes they were running a 2's club. We both had the same number of shots on the hole.

@Beezerk hit a beauty, about 1-2 ft from the hole, cue suitable doffing of caps. I took my shot and hit it to about 6ft, cue noises of surprise 😄. I went first, shaved the edge of the hole. @Beezerk went next, sunk the putt, gets a share of the pot (although tbc as rain called off the comp later on and we are still waiting to see if the scores in count or not)

The question is, we discussed it but didn't know the answer, if I had sunk my putt, does the team stop then as far as the comp is concerned? I know it does for the scoring but what about the 2's?

Would his 2 still count for the 2's or not? My thinking was that it should, both should, but others were not so sure.

Was told yesterday whilst at the club practicing....
That the 2s entry for that comp was per person, nor per pair
So...in this case
Both would have counted👍

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
As is usually the case in questions like this, it is essential that the Terms of the Competition states what's what regarding the pay outs for all competitions.

Spoons

Visit site
We have always run 2s in 4BBBs, if both members of the team get a 2 then both get a payout. What happens now post 1 April 2024, if only one player is permitted to return a score?