Caley 01 Irons or TaylorMade Sim 2's?

Normski1989

Visit site
Hi,

I've only played golf for a 18 months or so, and still a high handicapper. I've been using a package set of Rife RX2's since I started, but I'm now looking to gradually upgrade my equipment.

I'm torn between the Caley 01 Irons or the TaylorMade Sim 2's. Currently, the Caley Irons are £499 for 4-PW and the Sim 2's can be found at a good price of £499 for 5-PW (both brand new). Any advice to a newbie on which would be better?

I prefer the look of the Caley 01's, but as they are DTC, so I can't try them out anywhere. I haven't tested the Sim 2's yet either, but could arrange this somewhere.

Thank you.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is DTC?

I suspect everyone is going to give you the same answer. Try them both, see which suits. Ideally get fitted. It's a boring answer, but............

Having had a quick look, the TM are suited to newer golfers, more forgiving. The Caley look like blades. Blades are likely to be tougher for you.

Normski1989

Visit site
What is DTC?

I suspect everyone is going to give you the same answer. Try them both, see which suits. Ideally get fitted. It's a boring answer, but............

Having had a quick look, the TM are suited to newer golfers, more forgiving. The Caley look like blades. Blades are likely to be tougher for you.
Direct to Customer. So unfortunately that means you can't get fitted for them or try them out.

They do look like blades, but are apparently aimed at high handicappers as they have large faces. The other models have much smaller faces. But I do appreciate your point that they may be tougher to hit.

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
Direct to Customer. So unfortunately that means you can't get fitted for them or try them out.

They do look like blades, but are apparently aimed at high handicappers as they have large faces. The other models have much smaller faces. But I do appreciate your point that they may be tougher to hit.
Caley are hollow bodied!