4BBB 2's Club scenario

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a 4bbb with @Beezerk on Saturday. On one of the par 3 holes they were running a 2's club. We both had the same number of shots on the hole.

@Beezerk hit a beauty, about 1-2 ft from the hole, cue suitable doffing of caps. I took my shot and hit it to about 6ft, cue noises of surprise 😄. I went first, shaved the edge of the hole. @Beezerk went next, sunk the putt, gets a share of the pot (although tbc as rain called off the comp later on and we are still waiting to see if the scores in count or not)

The question is, we discussed it but didn't know the answer, if I had sunk my putt, does the team stop then as far as the comp is concerned? I know it does for the scoring but what about the 2's?

Would his 2 still count for the 2's or not? My thinking was that it should, both should, but others were not so sure.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We use IG and it automatically records all 2s when the scores are entered.
IG requires each players score to be entered separately and it works out the better ball.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If he makes the putt, it's a 2 so yeah, he'd get a cut right?

You could just mutually agree to share any winnings beforehand I guess, so then the scenario is covered.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If he makes the putt, it's a 2 so yeah, he'd get a cut right?

You could just mutually agree to share any winnings beforehand I guess, so then the scenario is covered.
I know he gets a share, my question is if both of the pair get a 2 do we both get part of the pot? Posts 2 and 3 suggests yes. 2 equal shares is better than a split share, unless his was the only 2 of the day 😄

His 2, he keeps the money. Up to me to get my own 2.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I know he gets a share, my question is if both of the pair get a 2 do we both get part of the pot? Posts 2 and 3 suggests yes.

His 2, he keeps the money. Up to me to get my own 2.

Well yes, you've got a 2, no reason why you can't complete the hole - infact the logical answer would be that you should complete a full scorecard and submit it for hcap purposes anyway (although I appreciate that doesn't happen)

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well yes, you've got a 2, no reason why you can't complete the hole - infact the logical answer would be that you should complete a full scorecard and submit it for hcap purposes anyway (although I appreciate that doesn't happen)
Except you can’t submit 4BBB scores.

aside from that..

if OP made a 2, then should have submitted that as well as part of the scoring and you’d get a payout

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say no
On the basis that in this format, only 1 score is recorded per hole
So I'd say only 1 x 2 per pair per hole

But....I've no idea of the answer to what the clubs policy is, and never came across the situation at any club, to tell you the outcome

TBH.....
I'm more shocked that martyn hit the green😉😎

The Fader

Visit site
I think it boils down to whether the 2's were paid into as a team or individually.

At our place the team pays in and would only be eligible for one share of the pot per hole.

Given there is only 50% of scores for each hole in 4bbb then the pay out should be bigger. Most pairs split the pay out
regardless of who gets the 2. That's the essence of team sport to me.

D

Deleted member 15344

You can’t submit a HC card when playing 4bbb

As for the OP - we give out a two to the person who got the two. If it’s a pair then the person who got the two gets the money.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You can’t submit a HC card when playing 4bbb

As for the OP - we give out a two to the person who got the two. If it’s a pair then the person who got the two gets the money.

Both players can complete the hole though Phil, so if they both get two’s - they’d both be entitled to a share of the 2’s pot?

D

Deleted member 15344

Both players can complete the hole though Phil, so if they both get two’s - they’d both be entitled to a share of the 2’s pot?

Yes they can complete the hole to go for a 2 if they have both paid to enter the 2’s

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm sure you can, but you shouldn't be, there's no reason to and it will slow up play
What if someone has a shot on a par three and the other doesn’t - one without the shot and gets a 2 - other player still has the chance to gain the extra point- valid for any hole hence why for most 4BBB’s