Matchplay - Foursomes / Lining up a playing partner (2 parts)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
This is not clear for me. Precisely how are you helping (or intending to help) your partner with their shot?
I could suggest the line of a putt or for a shot to a green where the best miss would be for me to recover us to the green and flag. Or if he asks should he lay up or go for it. Standard team foursomes play partner chat as I have done for 40yrs playing foursomes.

salfordlad

Visit site
I could suggest the line of a putt or for a shot to a green where the best miss would be for me to recover us to the green and flag. Or if he asks should he lay up or go for it. Standard team foursomes play partner chat as I have done for 40yrs playing foursomes.
There are no issues here, these are all permitted actions in partner play.
Can you give me an example of something a foursomes partner can’t do.
They cannot stand in the restricted area behind the partner putting and assist them in aiming while the partner putts (10.2b(4)). They cannot stand behind the partner in the restricted area while the partner putts to learn something for the side's next stroke (22.6).

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There are no issues here, these are all permitted actions in partner play.

They cannot stand in the restricted area behind the partner putting and assist them in aiming while the partner putts (10.2b(4)). They cannot stand behind the partner in the restricted area while the partner putts to learn something for the side's next stroke (22.6).
Both of which I knew but I thought worth checking.