Lining up putts

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I was writing the Terms of the Competition for my club's scrambles (particularly important when it comes to Opens with good prizes), it seemed easiest to state that "a scramble is played by the Rules of Golf with the following exceptions: .........." The prohibition on partners standing behind one another when making a stroke is not on the list of exceptions.

I doubt if it makes much difference, though. I except any player invited to consult the Terms of the Competition would reply "The what?"

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
When I was writing the Terms of the Competition for my club's scrambles (particularly important when it comes to Opens with good prizes), it seemed easiest to state that "a scramble is played by the Rules of Golf with the following exceptions: .........." The prohibition on partners standing behind one another when making a stroke is not on the list of exceptions.

I doubt if it makes much difference, though. I except any player invited to consult the Terms of the Competition would reply "The what?"

Yeah I've got a 36 hole pairs scramble Open tomorrow over two courses, with decent prizes.
Its a certainty that all 150+ players will not play to the same rules (despite them being emailed out last night in French & English) it'll still be fun though

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Captains eh?

The worst ones are those that think they need to leave their mark. The best ones are those that respect the traditions of the club, get rid of things that plainly don't work, fine tune other stuff and keep their fingers out of everything else.

I used to be responsible for local rules and associated things. Part of what I did was to move quite a few OB posts to more sensible locations.
New Captain came in and changed them all back to where they used to be!!

He also instigated a whole load of of new OB posts in locations where it would be impossible to see a line between one post and another.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to be responsible for local rules and associated things. Part of what I did was to move quite a few OB posts to more sensible locations.
New Captain came in and changed them all back to where they used to be!!

He also instigated a whole load of of new OB posts in locations where it would be impossible to see a line between one post and another.
Captains should be kept away from rules and course set up. They should only stand at the bar and buy the drinks.