sometimes it takes luck to win

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I won the swindle yesterday :)

Luck played a major part

One big pull hook going OB, when I got to the spot to have a quick look the ball had hit a tree and was 2 ft in bounds. Very restricted back swing so a bit of hit and hope saw the ball get just a few feet in the air, land just before the cross bunker50 yards from the green , run through it to finish 5 ft in front of green - single putt birdie.

One absolute fat on a downhill par 3 the ball lands and runs misses the bunker by a few inches finishes 18" from the hole single put birdie

I won by one point.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I won the swindle yesterday :)

Luck played a major part

One big pull hook going OB, when I got to the spot to have a quick look the ball had hit a tree and was 2 ft in bounds. Very restricted back swing so a bit of hit and hope saw the ball get just a few feet in the air, land just before the cross bunker50 yards from the green , run through it to finish 5 ft in front of green - single putt birdie.

One absolute fat on a downhill par 3 the ball lands and runs misses the bunker by a few inches finishes 18" from the hole single put birdie

I won by one point.
In the olden days our handicap used to accommodate the astonishing good luck that occasionally comes our way and that can lead to great scores and even wins. But truth be told such superb rounds as sometimes resulted and consequent handicap reductions, did not, as you have admitted, really reflect our typical golfing ability…and so why around 32 stableford pts did.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I always say you do need luck in some form to win at golf, weather it be for you our against somebody else.

Well done by the way.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My luckiest moment came in the County team finals.
Decent score in the morning.
Going quite well in PM. Pressure on as I knew I would be a counting score.
About halfway round I totally knurdled a drive 20 yards off the tee straight left into a buckthorn thicket.
Re-load went straight right sailing OOB and hit high up a random 10' tall fence pole..
Rebound back into thick rough, luckily found it lying well, smashed a decent mid iron which just cleared a greenside bunker.
Holed 5 foot putt for a bogey thank you very much.