The Cambridgeshire golf club-Bar Hill

Mandofred

Visit site
A friend of mine is thinking about joining here. Anybody know anything about the course? Membership fees?....I took a quick look online and they seem to want you to email to find out more info.

D

Deleted member 29109

Played there yesterday.

It’s much improved recently, I heard they had a new head green keeper. If they have it shows.

It used to suffer from being attached to the hotel there and wasn’t used much.

I was impressed with the overall condition. The tees could do with a bit of levelling out and the bunkers need some tlc, but other than that no complaints.

The layout is pretty good. Not many holes are the same and there is a good mixture of long and short holes, it flows quite well. There are a couple of holes that have been squeezed or are just poor design like the 16th But most courses have that.

They offer Playmore Golf membership. Which can be a good way to get into a club.

Edited to add.

I would say yesterday was the first time I’ve played there and thought I’d be happy to play there every week. It was in better condition than Ely was a few weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It would help if your friend can share the reasons for considering it as there are many others in the area.

What is important for him in terms of the club/course/tee times availability etc. ?

In summary, a nice course in the summer, but it’s a hotel-operated course and the golf club is “an addition”.

Mandofred

Visit site
It would help if your friend can share the reasons for considering it as there are many others in the area.

What is important for him in terms of the club/course/tee times availability etc. ?

In summary, a nice course in the summer, but it’s a hotel-operated course and the golf club is “an addition”.
When I played with him on Thursday, he said his other option was a snooty course that was a bit over the top. No idea myself....just passing the info along...