The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always think if you are driving, you should be mindful of any passengers. Hammering the accelerator or brakes is uncomfortable at best. The time to explore the cars capabilities are when you are on your own.

Very much so! Passengers should come first

I remember growing up being travel sick in every car. Had to take carrier bags everywhere until we went to America and had a car with air con.. parents got an air con car not long after wasn't sick in one of them!

Even now if somebody turns their air con off I ask can I have it on as I start to feel a bit off

Doesn't affect me when driving tho

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a look at the prices .. still a little too high for me to commit at the moment. I think the Peugeot 2008might be okay just need to check the internal dimensions as it’s replacing the Fiesta which is currently the family car.
I really hate spending money on cars the Tesla’s are expensive and a bit disappointing.. think I have fallen out love with cars

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a look at the prices .. still a little too high for me to commit at the moment. I think the Peugeot 2008might be okay just need to check the internal dimensions as it’s replacing the Fiesta which is currently the family car.
I really hate spending money on cars the Tesla’s are expensive and a bit disappointing.. think I have fallen out love with cars

How tall are you? Do you need much rear leg room?

I'm 6foot but have seat all way back so one side has zero room (but that's because I drive very far back for my height)

I have the Corsa which is 208s cousin

I can get 3 kids in there tho

And boot fits clubs no driver

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How tall are you? Do you need much rear leg room?

I'm 6foot but have seat all way back so one side has zero room (but that's because I drive very far back for my height)

I have the Corsa which is 208s cousin

I can get 3 kids in there tho

And boot fits clubs no driver
Too small for a growing lad, so just looking for a bigger family car.
Golf clubs go in the front seat of my MX5. We would use this as our school run and family days out / holidays.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well we've just ordered a vauxhall corsa e elite nav.

I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did but coming from a 12 year old, big standard fiesta, it was chalk and cheese.

Ended up buying and it was a no brainer. It would have been more per month to lease with no option to keep it. I plan on keeping this at least until the battery warranty runs out in 8 years.

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and just how smooth it felt. For our needs, an Ev is perfect. I was generally very impressed with the quality of the corsa, I've never really liked vauxhalls but this felt like a big step up from the previous corsa that we had as a hire car a few years ago.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well we've just ordered a vauxhall corsa e elite nav.

I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did but coming from a 12 year old, big standard fiesta, it was chalk and cheese.

Ended up buying and it was a no brainer. It would have been more per month to lease with no option to keep it. I plan on keeping this at least until the battery warranty runs out in 8 years.

I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and just how smooth it felt. For our needs, an Ev is perfect. I was generally very impressed with the quality of the corsa, I've never really liked vauxhalls but this felt like a big step up from the previous corsa that we had as a hire car a few years ago.

It's a lovely car and drive

The app is a bit ropey but improving

What charge point have you got?

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's a lovely car and drive

The app is a bit ropey but improving

What charge point have you got?

I'm not sure! They are supposed to call me in the morning to arrange fitting. I completely forgot to ask at the dealers and I couldn't find anything online about which charger they supply.

Which charger did you get? I was expecting a pod point for some reason. I'm lucky that I've got 2 tescos within a mile, both with free 7kw chargers that I never see in use. I plan on making good use of them at first.

Does beating sports cars to 30mph ever get old?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure! They are supposed to call me in the morning to arrange fitting. I completely forgot to ask at the dealers and I couldn't find anything online about which charger they supply.

Which charger did you get? I was expecting a pod point for some reason. I'm lucky that I've got 2 tescos within a mile, both with free 7kw chargers that I never see in use. I plan on making good use of them at first.

Does beating sports cars to 30mph ever get old?

Lol ? I've got bored of it

Yeah Tesco is decent Ive sat in my car for 30 mins in Tesco a few times as I can answer and catch up on emails away from the kids without the wife moaning lol

Podpoint I have , very good now it's updated

Their good cars let down by their app a bit but once they fix their server issue .. whey

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've gone right off the idea of buying an EV as it seems they don't get valeted when serviced ?

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lol ? I've got bored of it

Yeah Tesco is decent Ive sat in my car for 30 mins in Tesco a few times as I can answer and catch up on emails away from the kids without the wife moaning lol

Podpoint I have , very good now it's updated

Their good cars let down by their app a bit but once they fix their server issue .. whey

The sales guy who came out on the test drive was clearly a boy racer, I was trying to test out all the multimedia stuff and he just wanted to take me down the duel carriageway so I could floor it ?

Is the pod point the one with the cable attached or do you have to keep plugging in the one that comes with the car?

The app looked decent from what he showed me. Is it server issues? I just want to be able to set the climate control when I'm in the house and set charging times.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The sales guy who came out on the test drive was clearly a boy racer, I was trying to test out all the multimedia stuff and he just wanted to take me down the duel carriageway so I could floor it ?

Is the pod point the one with the cable attached or do you have to keep plugging in the one that comes with the car?

The app looked decent from what he showed me. Is it server issues? I just want to be able to set the climate control when I'm in the house and set charging times.

My podpoint is tethered yes. So no need for cable. Very useful
If your charger has an app use that
The vauxhall app is crap .. it went down for 2 weeks over Easter came back yesterday

You can set the pre heating from the car to come on at certain times if the app is down

Charge schedules are better from podpoint as I can turn it off at certain time where as vauxhall is only start at this time and that's it

However whilst the app was down I could still press pre heat and that would work I just couldn't set schedules or see my charge but could from car

Btw you can't see battery % from car unless cable is plugged in that's annoying but when app works that's what I use it for

What I'd say is IF the app isn't updating try sending a pre heat schedule (not a start now) and it forces it to connect to the car

If that doesn't work it's a server issue

D

Deleted member 29109

I've gone right off the idea of buying an EV as it seems they don't get valeted when serviced ?
Thats a good thing. I specifically ask them not to clean my car as I don't want it scratching.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My podpoint is tethered yes. So no need for cable. Very useful
If your charger has an app use that
The vauxhall app is crap .. it went down for 2 weeks over Easter came back yesterday

You can set the pre heating from the car to come on at certain times if the app is down

Charge schedules are better from podpoint as I can turn it off at certain time where as vauxhall is only start at this time and that's it

However whilst the app was down I could still press pre heat and that would work I just couldn't set schedules or see my charge but could from car

Btw you can't see battery % from car unless cable is plugged in that's annoying but when app works that's what I use it for

What I'd say is IF the app isn't updating try sending a pre heat schedule (not a start now) and it forces it to connect to the car

If that doesn't work it's a server issue

Cheers for the info.

Never thought I'd be so interested in a vauxhall but I'm looking forward to it. Annoyingly I'll probably use it less than my wife as I'm working from home and it will be her commuter so I probably won't drive it much.