The all things EV chat thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that actually in production or is it the classic artists impression that never actually makes it to the consumer?

I can't quite make out if it is very smart or very distracting. The boy in me likes it.

Reactions: AAC

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that actually in production or is it the classic artists impression that never actually makes it to the consumer?

I can't quite make out if it is very smart or very distracting. The boy in me likes it.
It is completely feasible.. see Honda’s small electric car. There will be limitations on angles for visibility etc .. but that display will be common I am sure in prestige it top line vehicles in the next 2 years ... not sure whether the powertrain is of relevance but s class is the first likely place for this

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Now there are some interesting estates emerging. I could be tempted by something like the Tycan Cross Tourismo when my current car goes in a couple of years.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Now there are some interesting estates emerging. I could be tempted by something like the Tycan Cross Tourismo when my current car goes in a couple of years.

The Skoda Enyaq will also tow up to 1000 kilogrammes if thats your thing.

All very nice until it goes wrong.....

Same as an ICE car....
Except there's no oil change, new cambelt, clutch, gearbox, catalitic convertor to get stolen, exhaust etc.
You do have to keep the water bottle topped up though. :whistle:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Skoda Enyaq will also tow up to 1000 kilogrammes if thats your thing.

Same as an ICE car....
Except there's no oil change, new cambelt, clutch, gearbox, catalitic convertor to get stolen, exhaust etc.

That Skoda looks decent. Towing is not my thing, but I often need to put a lot of stuff in the boot or carry 4 bikes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That Skoda looks decent. Towing is not my thing, but I often need to put a lot of stuff in the boot or carry 4 bikes.

That's on my list of cars to check out in 4 years time when the Corsa goes back

Kids will be 8 4 and 4 then so maybe bigger car for me to commute in but still keep the tank for when we go out as family

It's enjoying it's semi retirement

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same as an ICE car....
Just PCB's, transformers, diodes, TFT displays, sensors gallore.
Modern electronics have become really cheap in comparison to a little while ago, yet electronics in cars are through the roof. Why do you suppose that is?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just PCB's, transformers, diodes, TFT displays, sensors gallore.
Modern electronics have become really cheap in comparison to a little while ago, yet electronics in cars are through the roof. Why do you suppose that is?

Sorry but all modern ICE cars are full of sensors that fail