The all things EV chat thread

D

Deleted member 23270

This is one my personal favs

Moan EVs aren't cheap enough . Find cheapest ice car on market and use as example even if they would never buy one themselves

Then the same company comes out with a cheap ev

Again with a car that would not be bought by everyone

Maybe those who can't afford the expensive ones would consider them as a good option

Standard no matter what the situation the same pointless statements will be made

Just wait for the cars with 500 mile range off a 10 min charge

Well I drive 501 miles and I don't want to charge in 10 mins.

Ok now it's 1000 miles and 5 min charge

Well it doesn't come in black.

?
What a pointless response, you just change your argument to suit your agenda. One day the 500 mile car with a 20 min charge and a price of £25k will be available and this whole discussion will be pointless but that day is a long way off and as it stands a decent EV (comparable quality wise to affordable ICE cars) is still out of reach for a lot of people.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a pointless response, you just change your argument to suit your agenda. One day the 500 mile car with a 20 min charge and a price of £25k will be available and this whole discussion will be pointless but that day is a long way off and as it stands a decent EV (comparable quality wise to affordable ICE cars) is still out of reach for a lot of people.

It's also not out of reach of a lot of people. A lot of people come up with excuses just because they don't want one

A lot of people can't stand change and believe everything should fit exactly what they want rather than make small adjustments

And a lot of people are just selfish

Pick which one you fit in

D

Deleted member 23270

It's also not out of reach of a lot of people. A lot of people come up with excuses just because they don't want one

A lot of people can't stand change and believe everything should fit exactly what they want rather than make small adjustments

What total rubbish. I would love an EV but to get something of the same quality, performance and convenience to the ICE I currently drive I would have to fork out well over £50k which I can't afford :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What total rubbish. I would love an EV but to get something of the same quality, performance and convenience to the ICE I currently drive I would have to fork out well over £50k which I can't afford :rolleyes:

Ofc you would love one

You bang on enough how rubbish they are

We get it

They don't suit you

Yawn .

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

Sorry, Why am I selfish because I don't have an EV? Or why should I have to not buy exactly what I want?

D

Deleted member 23270

Ofc you would love one

You bang on enough how rubbish they are

We get it

They don't suit you

Yawn .
Maybe you should check back before spouting rubbish. My stance is I'm in favour of EV's but right now the price and infrastructure just isn't there to support my needs. Just because they work for you doesn't mean they work for everyone. I've got 3 competitions between next week and mid May that involve round trips of 400+, 300 and 500 miles, I don't want the hassle of having to stop to find chargers.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just for future reference......
We know the charging infrastructure isn't there yet
We know new EVs are still to expensive for some
We know the range isn't enough for some
We know the charging isn't fast enough
We know not everyone can charge at home
We know not all chargers work.

But be assured that many people are working to improve these issues and while EVs may not suit everyone at the moment, things are improving and faster than many think.
And if you don't want an EV wait till 2029 and buy a brand new ICE car and keep it for 20 years

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry, Why am I selfish because I don't have an EV? Or why should I have to not buy exactly what I want?

I'm afraid it is a tiny bit selfish.

If people can afford them and they fit their lifestyle they should buy them to simply do their bit for the planet. That's factual

So your reason to get "what you want" is yes selfish because you want to be able to burn fuel for enjoyment.

It's not a popular thing but it's true.

This should have happened years ago. Cars forced to be more economical and not sell.complete gas burners .

Didn't you post a few weeks ago about ulez? So your car doesn't meet that's very low standards? Which is remarkable. That should have been addressed years ago

I get people can't afford things. But those who can afford and choose not to because they don't want it. It is a tiny bit selfish because it's a choice not to do something that's morally right.

I'll throw myself under the bus. I could get the train to work. But to save an hour a day I drive. Yes it's ev so it's not much difference but surely all the tyre particles, the traffic I cause adds to pollution

So yes that's a selfish decision but I've decided that for selfish reasons to make My life better

So I hope that clears up why all choices about something that's for you and not for others is selfish

D

Deleted member 23270

If people can afford them and they fit their lifestyle they should buy them to simply do their bit for the planet. That's factual

So your reason to get "what you want" is yes selfish because you want to be able to burn fuel for enjoyment.

It's not a popular thing but it's true.

This should have happened years ago. Cars forced to be more economical and not sell.complete gas burners .

Didn't you post a few weeks ago about ulez? So your car doesn't meet that's very low standards? Which is remarkable. That should have been addressed years ago

I get people can't afford things. But those who can afford and choose not to because they don't want it. It is a tiny bit selfish because it's a choice not to do something that's morally right.

I'll throw myself under the bus. I could get the train to work. But to save an hour a day I drive. Yes it's ev so it's not much difference but surely all the tyre particles, the traffic I cause adds to pollution

So yes that's a selfish decision but I've decided that for selfish reasons to make My life better

So I hope that clears up why all choices about something that's for you and not for others is selfish
Do you lie down in the street blocking traffic?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you lie down in the street blocking traffic?

Their methods may be wrong but their message is 100% correct.

Now that big bad Russia has played up people have realised oh wait we could do with insulation and not using so much gas from them

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

I have a 5.0 V8 Mustang. Of course it isn't going to meet ULEZ. And I'm happy to pay to enter London. But paying via the app is a pain. Because of the extension outwards there is no point me leaving my car at Stratford anymore and getting the tube to Central, I've already paid. So i'll sit idling in traffic most of the way there.

I'm taxed heavily for the privilege. over £3.4k in road tax for the first 3 years of ownership, Plus around 85p per litre of fuel in a 5.0 V8, More so than almost any country for the same thing. There's way more than enough to offset my emissions, if those who decided wanted to.

I will say, calling people selfish is not the way to get them onside. Bearing in mind I'd be willing to bet that I do less damage to the planet then you per year even with my motor, but I don't preach about it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 5.0 V8 Mustang. Of course it isn't going to meet ULEZ. And I'm happy to pay to enter London. But paying via the app is a pain. Because of the extension outwards there is no point me leaving my car at Stratford anymore and getting the tube to Central, I've already paid. So i'll sit idling in traffic most of the way there.

I'm taxed heavily for the privilege. over £3.4k in road tax for the first 3 years of ownership, Plus around 85p per litre of fuel in a 5.0 V8, More so than almost any country for the same thing. There's way more than enough to offset my emissions, if those who decided wanted to.

I will say, calling people selfish is not the way to get them onside. Bearing in mind I'd be willing to bet that I do less damage to the planet then you per year even with my motor, but I don't preach about it.

I've given up getting anyone onside.

People don't care simply until they are forced to care.

Paying extra tax doesn't solve pollution when those who can afford it would rather pay extra for what they want.

It's simple, the world is a selfish place. No good deed or decision doesn't have one kind of selfish aspect in one way or another.

It's a sad fact of life.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

what a pathetic pile of stinking manure-flavoured virtue signalling. How you can wright that shiiite with a straight face is beyond me!

Leftitshort

Visit site

Paying extra tax doesn't solve pollution when those who can afford it would rather pay extra for what they want.

It's simple, the world is a selfish place. No good deed or decision doesn't have one kind of selfish aspect in one way or another.

It's a sad fact of life.
I may have missed an update but together with your E corsa don’t you have a ICE suv?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I may have missed an update but together with your E corsa don’t you have a ICE suv?

Yep (mpv) , for entirely selfish reasons, I'll be getting another ev when the Corsa is up (bigger one) which we will use as much as possible

11000 miles ev last year 3000 mpv

Will be looking to lower that 3000 lower and lower until it can be scrapped and run 2 EVs.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep (mpv) , for entirely selfish reasons, I'll be getting another ev when the Corsa is up (bigger one) which we will use as much as possible

11000 miles ev last year 3000 mpv

Yeah, My world killing Mustang has 5k in 3 years. Public transport for everything else, No flights in 3 years either. Don't preach what you aren't actually doing. You look silly.

I'm out (y)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

It's a sad fact of life.

You said above that shortening your commute is selfish.

In a few years time, ask your kids if they enjoyed the extra time with their dad.

It's absolutely not selfish. Thinking in such extremes is why you are facing so much fight back on here.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, My world killing Mustang has 5k in 3 years. Public transport for everything else, No flights in 3 years either. Don't preach what you aren't actually doing. You look silly.

I'm out (y)

That's the thing you clearly don't read what I have wrote because you can't see the wood for the trees.

Driving your car is a selfish choice yes. That's factual

Same as me driving the mpv is selfish

I said the world is full of selfish decisions

I never said I wasn't selfish I even said that in my post

Seriously .. we are making the same point. You use public transport and that is great

However if you can afford to run an EV and it fits your style you should really try to

But not until your car is needing replacing otherwise it's a waste .. which is another problem.

But say in 5 years you go I want a new car let's go for a gas gusler just because I want it.. yes that's selfish

Please understand the difference between selfish decisions and not caring about them

Also 5000 miles in 3 years as 1 person in a car is more pollution than 3000 in 1 year for 5 people...

Anywhere that's 3 of us or less is done by EV or walking. So much less .

Last edited: