The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think this is all getting a bit silly now.

I'll hold my hands up .. yes I take it to extremes but I the thread bingo from those who have zero interest but love to bash anything is blooming boring and the same all the darn time

If you don't want one. Good for you. Bore off somewhere else ..

I don't have any interest in cricket I don't go reading through the thread daily to say I really don't enjoy cricket ..

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
and the
I'll hold my hands up .. yes I take it to extremes but I the thread bingo from those who have zero interest but love to bash anything is blooming boring and the same all the darn time

If you don't want one. Good for you. Bore off somewhere else ..

I don't have any interest in cricket I don't go reading through the thread daily to say I really don't enjoy cricket ..

ignoring your irrelevant deflections in response to my post, just grow up and stop the lecturring and virtue signalling (yes - it is what you are doing) by labelling everyone who does not toe your eveangelical preaching on electric and climate is selfish. And please take some of your advice and "bore off smewhere else"

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
and the

ignoring your irrelevant deflections in response to my post, just grow up and stop the lecturring and virtue signalling (yes - it is what you are doing) by labelling everyone who does not toe your eveangelical preaching on electric and climate is selfish. And please take some of your advice and "bore off smewhere else"

Mayb if we werent heading for a climate Emergancy it wouldn't matter eh?. Or is that too woke for you to understand

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
At the end of the day, the thread is called "Would you buy an electric car?".
It does not say why you must/must not buy an electric car. To discuss this, both sides of the argument have to be given their voice.
It's a forum, it's a debate, and that can be done without throwing insults around.
If people don't agree with you, whichever side you are on, used reasoned argument.
Me? I drive a hybrid. Why? Because it's a company car and in terms of tax benefits, it was an absolute no-brainer.
For my missus, when she changes her car, I am going to go for a small electric as she rarely uses her current one and does not do large mileages.
For information. She is the one who loves the big gas guzzlers.
Before her current Mini, her last four cars were (from most recent):
  • Citroën C6
  • MG ZT-T
  • Land Rover Discovery
  • Mitsubishi Shogun
  • Isuzu Trooper
It's hard work trying to keep her away from them.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think this is all getting a bit silly now.

Think it got silly a long time ago

Many would have no issues getting a electric car - I would love one , but it’s not cost affective for me right now and can’t give me what my ice car can - no doubt it will do in future but people can’t point fingers at others when

1. they also have a petrol guzzler sat on the drive

2. Currently all that electricity is being being created by stations providing significant amount of pollution

It won’t be long until the leccy cars catch up and they become a lot more common but a lot of hurdles to get over first

Won’t ever help with people pointing fingers at others and insulting them

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mayb if we werent heading for a climate Emergancy it wouldn't matter eh?. Or is that too woke for you to understand

i have never said anything dismissive about climate change. I have never not acknowledged that we are going electric. But, as many have said till they are blue in the face, people will adopt electic when it suits them, not because evalangelists try and shame them into doing it if it does not make sense for them. get off your high horse and understand that there are many different issues around what people drive and why. And being selfish does not figure on that list - cost, pragmatism, range, infrastructure, lifestyle etc etc etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the end of the day, the thread is called "Would you buy an electric car?".
It does not say why you must/must not buy an electric car. To discuss this, both sides of the argument have to be given their voice.
It's a forum, it's a debate, and that can be done without throwing insults around.
If people don't agree with you, whichever side you are on, used reasoned argument.
Me? I drive a hybrid. Why? Because it's a company car and in terms of tax benefits, it was an absolute no-brainer.
For my missus, when she changes her car, I am going to go for a small electric as she rarely uses her current one and does not do large mileages.
For information. She is the one who loves the big gas guzzlers.
Before her current Mini, her last four cars were (from most recent):
  • Citroën C6
  • MG ZT-T
  • Land Rover Discovery
  • Mitsubishi Shogun
  • Isuzu Trooper
It's hard work trying to keep her away from them.

However once you have said no that's your piece fair enough.

It's the constant over and over.. they are rubbish.. they are x y and z all based on outdated knowledge of one article they read once.

There's so much misunderstanding of all points made because people either are too pig headed to read what's written or refuse to accept facts.

Like the constant referring back by short sighted people about my ownership of an mpv aswell as electric .. like it's some sort of win for them lol.. yep I'll throw out my mpv which is ulez compliant.. gets 50mpg so much more than the proper gas guzzler and fits 3 kids safely just for the sake of it..

Nobody is saying go out tomorrow and buy one. It's the constant rubbish that their not good enough, without any compromise from the other side .

In an ideal world this would have been addressed years ago and cars under say 40mpg would have been banned from even being produced. Rather than burning more fossil fuels and causing problems why not work on making what we have last?

We have driving for pleasure as a thing.. which whilst fun is it really what we should promote ..

Just like when we ban fossil fuel cars from being made but try and get F1 in London.. what about pollution then? Oh who cares

We are half effort at everything

That's the entire world.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i have never said anything dismissive about climate change. I have never not acknowledged that we are going electric. But, as many have said till they are blue in the face, people will adopt electic when it suits them, not because evalangelists try and shame them into doing it if it does not make sense for them. get off your high horse and understand that there are many different issues around what people drive and why. And being selfish does not figure on that list - cost, pragmatism, range, infrastructure, lifestyle etc etc etc.

If you think being selfish doesn't appear on the list you are either

Naive
Thick
Or got your head in the sand ..

It may not be the main issue but it is definitely one of the issues.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ignoring all the argueing, as I have said ages ago.....no I wouldnt have one, at least not for many years yet simply because I don't consider EV in the current format the way forward. Electrically powered motion by other generating forms standalone within the vehicle, yes.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you think being selfish doesn't appear on the list you are either

Naive
Thick
Or got your head in the sand ..

It may not be the main issue but it is definitely one of the issues.

there is no hope with you. You are a moron who does not listen. I am not naive and certainly not thick but i think you just might be. Electric cars are great for many people. Not for others. Over the years the rationale for many not wanting them now will shrink and more will change. Simple. I am happy for people who love electric cars and buy them, why do you have to be judgemental about those who do not. That is stupid!

D

Deleted member 23270

However once you have said no that's your piece fair enough.

It's the constant over and over.. they are rubbish.. they are x y and z all based on outdated knowledge of one article they read once.

There's so much misunderstanding of all points made because people either are too pig headed to read what's written or refuse to accept facts.

Like the constant referring back by short sighted people about my ownership of an mpv aswell as electric .. like it's some sort of win for them lol.. yep I'll throw out my mpv which is ulez compliant.. gets 50mpg so much more than the proper gas guzzler and fits 3 kids safely just for the sake of it..

Nobody is saying go out tomorrow and buy one. It's the constant rubbish that their not good enough, without any compromise from the other side .

In an ideal world this would have been addressed years ago and cars under say 40mpg would have been banned from even being produced. Rather than burning more fossil fuels and causing problems why not work on making what we have last?

We have driving for pleasure as a thing.. which whilst fun is it really what we should promote ..

Just like when we ban fossil fuel cars from being made but try and get F1 in London.. what about pollution then? Oh who cares

We are half effort at everything

That's the entire world.
It would help if you read what people post. I can't recall anyone saying they are rubbish. The arguments are based around range, charging infrastructure, purchase price etc.....not quality.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a pointless response, you just change your argument to suit your agenda. One day the 500 mile car with a 20 min charge and a price of £25k will be available and this whole discussion will be pointless but that day is a long way off and as it stands a decent EV (comparable quality wise to affordable ICE cars) is still out of reach for a lot of people.

And yet it's not about quality?

D

Deleted member 23270

And yet it's not about quality?
Seriously, are you thick or something? Read what I posted! I used the word comparable. All the money in EVs is in the batteries, to get a car of comparable quality (interior, toys, options etc) to what I drive now I would have to pay well over £50k. I didn't say they are poor quality, I said something similar to mine would cost a lot more :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seriously, are you thick or something? Read what I posted! I used the word comparable. All the money in EVs is in the batteries, to get a car of comparable quality to what I drive now I would have to pay well over £50k. I didn't say they are poor quality, I said to something similar to mine would cost a lot more :rolleyes:

Which puts you in unwilling to make compromise camp.

Your choice