The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Young Surratt with another impressive round, see whether can keep it going through the weekend.
Same for Poulter who had a decent opener.

Fore Right

Visit site
Just viewed the LIV competition at Houston on YouTube. Does anyone in Houston know it’s on, I’ve seen a better atmosphere at a wake and bigger crowds at an amateur championship. I’ve no particular gripe with LIV and this is the first time I’ve watched for any length of time. First impressions aren’t good.
Crowds are usually better on a weekend, no doubt though that the real crowd successes have come outside the USA.

For some extra context check out the crowds in Australia, if that had been your 1st tune in your first impressions would have been different.
Crowds will be very strong in Spain and UK editions

BubbaP

Visit site
Doesn't look good for Rahm next week, not that his major form has been that great this year. Little surprised he tried to play today.
Does Casey has his wife caddying for him this week?

Thor

Club Champion
Visit site
Crowds are usually better on a weekend, no doubt though that the real crowd successes have come outside the USA.

For some extra context check out the crowds in Australia, if that had been your 1st tune in your first impressions would have been different.
Crowds will be very strong in Spain and UK editions

Thanks for the info, Australia certainly seems to have taken it on board. Looks like I just picked the wrong venue.

AussieKB

Visit site
Thanks for the info, Australia certainly seems to have taken it on board. Looks like I just picked the wrong venue.
OZ is all in....I missed going this year as I went to England, but next year will organise a group and we will drive over, only takes a couple of days.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The problem is half the events are based in the US which will always cause conflicts with the PGAT etc and it’s very “tribal” ( as you can see on social media)

Australia have the events that have a full crowd - they are both backing Greg Norman and also they haven’t had top players going there often - Aussies love their sport

Events in Saudis etc won’t be well attended

JCB will have a decent crowd - for the same reason as Aus , we don’t get enough top events

Fore Right

Visit site
Gotta question Liv scheduling the event up against one of the PGA Tours strongest events in a part of the US that was always going to be stinking hot with humidity.
Not great conditions for players or spectators.

Im guessing the players wanted an event just before the US Open to tune up which is understandable but go to a part of the USA that has less oppressive weather ?

BubbaP

Visit site
D

Deleted member 29109

Gotta question Liv scheduling the event up against one of the PGA Tours strongest events in a part of the US that was always going to be stinking hot with humidity.
Not great conditions for players or spectators.

Im guessing the players wanted an event just before the US Open to tune up which is understandable but go to a part of the USA that has less oppressive weather ?
There was a distinct lack of leaderboard comparisons from the LiV lot this week.

If they are going to hold an event that conflicts with one of the top PGAT events they need the big guns to show up. I gather they didn’t, as the only thing I saw was Rahm being injured.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I’m guessing from the lack of post's( and also on other social media outlets) the event at the weekend seemed to be a very low key one - was that down to the lack of any star appeal at the top or going up against a main event on the PGAT ?