The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
Gonna be quite the challenge figuring out who to follow at JCB. I suspect the 17th will be rammed so we’ll probably do as last year and follow a group for a couple of holes, then wait for a few more to come through.
There are some big draws on that leaderboard, plus plenty more players I’d be happy to watch for a hole or two who aren’t up at the sharp end. (y)
The 9th is a far better par 3 in my opinion.
17 is just a bit of a gimmick.
11 & 12 are decent par 4’s.

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
So 4 LIV players have had their clubs go missing.
Do they have Tour trucks at LIV events, or will they have to source their own replacements if they don’t arrive on time?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So 4 LIV players have had their clubs go missing.
Do they have Tour trucks at LIV events, or will they have to source their own replacements if they don’t arrive on time?
Westwood can just buy a set of Pings from the local American Golf, it probably wouldn't affect his performance at all based on recent form. 😄

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think they're better off folding entirely if I'm honest... :ROFLMAO:

Id back them in a match play event though

Its a bit of a shame, they do quite a lot of good stuff off the course from what I have seen on Poulter's social media (I dont follow Westwood or Stenson), other teams may be doing similar stuff, I'll be honest I dont know.

For me the 3 of them are exactly what is wrong with the current set up on LIV, they've gone for a payday (no criticism here for that), but their contract is keeping them playing, not their ability. Unless their performance on the course improves, they should lose their places.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Its a bit of a shame, they do quite a lot of good stuff off the course from what I have seen on Poulter's social media (I dont follow Westwood or Stenson), other teams may be doing similar stuff, I'll be honest I dont know.

For me the 3 of them are exactly what is wrong with the current set up on LIV, they've gone for a payday (no criticism here for that), but their contract is keeping them playing, not their ability. Unless their performance on the course improves, they should lose their places.
Gaining exemptions off previous performances/achievements is nothing new in professional golf, of course the specifics of that can be debated. Arguably some of them should have ended last season but I suppose with Mr Mickleson's antics pre launch they maybe had an opportunity to negotiate a longer commitment.
I think off the course they led they way, but it needs to be backed up on the course. Unless a dramatic change of fortunes you'd think some need to go at end of this season - I think the original commitment runs out then.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just under 7 hours until lift off (see what I did there ;-) )

Picked my team based on the TUGR rankings this week. Lets see if it pays off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just under 7 hours until lift off (see what I did there ;-) )

Picked my team based on the TUGR rankings this week. Lets see if it pays off.
My fantasy team is practically the same every time, it's getting kind of boring. I always have Gooch and Hatton. Usually flick between Rahm or Bryson as captain. The last one is whoever's in form, so currently Burmester, with another in form guy as the sub. I always pick Legion as the team as well, except when I had Ripper in the Australian one because obvs.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My fantasy team is practically the same every time, it's getting kind of boring. I always have Gooch and Hatton. Usually flick between Rahm or Bryson as captain. The last one is whoever's in form, so currently Burmester, with another in form guy as the sub. I always pick Legion as the team as well, except when I had Ripper in the Australian one because obvs.

I’m much the same - although do give it a bit more thought when the courses are tighter.

Not right enthused for this one - although I'll be watching, but I’m looking forward to Valderamma and JCB.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Feel Bryson needs to place high in the next few - he's been in the top 3 players averaged over the 2 majors so far, so needs to improve on 12th in the standing.

And Puig needs to bring some of his Asian Tour and US open qualifying form also, 43rd isn't great.

Thor

Club Champion
Visit site
Just viewed the LIV competition at Houston on YouTube. Does anyone in Houston know it’s on, I’ve seen a better atmosphere at a wake and bigger crowds at an amateur championship. I’ve no particular gripe with LIV and this is the first time I’ve watched for any length of time. First impressions aren’t good.

Last edited: