The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I dont think we can even comprehend what it feels like to throw yourself into a tour with the level of players on Liv having not played competitive golf for 12 years.
He has my upmost respect for putting himself out there and hopefully will be better for this experience.
However as you say he is light years away from the player he was and he must have doubts as to whether he can do it again.

I've just seen on twitter that he took a drop from his shoulder today - didn't see it myself, but if that's the case - has he really been totally detached from the game to not be aware the rules had changed to dropping from the knee. If, and it's a big if, he can return to some sort of competitive level, it will make for great viewing over the coming months...

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m guessing this is why he didn’t start over in the US events , the hype will die down a little now , from the videos seen the swing doesn’t look great and not much fluidity to it , some good short game which i suspect for him would have been easy enough to keep sharp . How many events has been signed up for ? Is it a one off or will tomorrow decide that.

Fore Right

Visit site
I’m guessing this is why he didn’t start over in the US events , the hype will die down a little now , from the videos seen the swing doesn’t look great and not much fluidity to it , some good short game which i suspect for him would have been easy enough to keep sharp . How many events has been signed up for ? Is it a one off or will tomorrow decide that.
The whole season which is only fair to give him time to find his pro legs again.

Jeddah was a wise choice to try and bed him in gently.

D

Deleted member 15344

The whole season which is only fair to give him time to find his pro legs again.

Jeddah was a wise choice to try and bed him in gently.

How many single players are there that aren’t part of time - is it just the one invite per event or a 3 ball ?

Fore Right

Visit site
How many single players are there that aren’t part of time - is it just the one invite per event or a 3 ball ?
2 wildcards that are not part of a team.

They are locked till the end of the season now with Hudson Swafford and Anthony Kim.

Swafford was an original 2022 member of Liv but was struck down by injury for the whole 2023 season.

D

Deleted member 15344

2 wildcards that are not part of a team.

They are locked till the end of the season now with Hudson Swafford and Anthony Kim.

Swafford was an original 2022 member of Liv but was struck down by injury for the whole 2023 season.

So someone like Canter who has been player and doing ok won’t play now unless someone else gets injured ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
This is specific to the golf on liv right now.

I just find the zero crowd a bit bizarre. The commentary team seem a bit neutered than they normally are.

The whole thing is flat. Anyway I'm off to hack it round 12 holes in the rain. 😞 maybe I'm just jealous of the weather.

I’ve been to a number of tournaments in Europe, including some that you might think were popular. Apart from the signature groups, you’d be lucky to see half a doz following a group.

I’ve seen us at the Portuguese Masters at Vilamoura, and not have to queue for anything. We’ve walked with Quiros and his dad and been the only spectators following him. The following day we’ve followed Brit golfers and seen no one, but the town was rammed on the night with Brits. Been to Valderrama and seen the same, and even less in France & Italy.

Golf outside the U.K. in Europe isn’t really followed.

Fore Right

Visit site
Back to the actual golf.
If Niemann plays like he has been doing recently tomorrow he is going to be tough to beat.

Team wise Stingers have a big lead but with all 4 scores counting that can change quickly.

Who is your pick for the win tomorrow?

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
Back to the actual golf.
If Niemann plays like he has been doing recently tomorrow he is going to be tough to beat.

Team wise Stingers have a big lead but with all 4 scores counting that can change quickly.

Who is your pick for the win tomorrow?
He has the advantage of actually playing competitive golf in recent times. So many other LIV players have shunned the tours that they are probably under prepared.

Fore Right

Visit site
Phil Mickelson starting to look something like the player I have heard about but never seen (apart from last years masters)