The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Fore Right

Visit site
Fantasy League

Right so I need Brooks to turn up today.

I subbed out Wolff and brought in Uihlein so watch Wolff go low today šŸ™Š

Wolff had a solid showing in Oman so fancied him here.

Fore Right

Visit site
Even I can see Anthony Kim is coming up and out of some of his shots and missing right a lot.

Guessing he doesnt have a coach, thinking it might be a good idea to help get things tightened up.

Im no expert of course.

Fore Right

Visit site
Having nailed my colours to Legion 13 I am always keeping an eye on Caleb Suratt.

Had such a solid start to his pro career and had a very sold 66 yesterday.

In his podcast appearance he quite openly said he target in year one is to win a tournament, not lacking confidence these young lads coming out of college these days

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
Having nailed my colours to Legion 13 I am always keeping an eye on Caleb Suratt.

Had such a solid start to his pro career and had a very sold 66 yesterday.

In his podcast appearance he quite openly said he target in year one is to win a tournament, not lacking confidence these young lads coming out of college these days
Just look at Dunlap, he managed a win before he was a pro.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How come there's no one at this tournament?

Surely the Saudi backers would want their home tournament rammed?

I don't get it at all.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
They donā€™t tend to get big crowds in that part of the world regardless of tour.

Plus the reality is, the course is very much part of a future plan - there's simply not a lot round it, couple of hotels and some houses and that's about it - Jeddah is 65 miles away.

I suspect they're not really fussed about the crowds there for a good few years yet.

D

Deleted member 15344

How come there's no one at this tournament?

Surely the Saudi backers would want their home tournament rammed?

I don't get it at all.
There is no interest in the sport in Saudi , there is 6 maybe 7 courses there and most are dead

Itā€™s only being played there because itā€™s their money holding the tour up.

There will be a few PIF hangers on -

The only people playing golf there will be a few ex pats.

Itā€™s not far from the ā€œtourist cityā€ of sports city they are trying to build.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rahm really has put together a strong team in Legion XIII - his score currently not counting today but they're topping the team leaderboard - Vincent probably the weakest player but he's no mug.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There is no interest in the sport in Saudi , there is 6 maybe 7 courses there and most are dead

Itā€™s only being played there because itā€™s their money holding the tour up.

There will be a few PIF hangers on -

The only people playing golf there will be a few ex pats.

Itā€™s not far from the ā€œtourist cityā€ of sports city they are trying to build.

You could hold the world paint drying championships in Derry and more people than that would wander in just to see what's happening.

It's as if no crowd is better than a poor crowd.

D

Deleted member 15344

You could hold the world paint drying championships in Derry and more people than that would wander in just to see what's happening.

It's as if no crowd is better than a poor crowd.

Golf has specific markets imo - Europe , USA , Australia and South Africa are the two main ones - the Middle East , mainly Dubai etc ads tourist spots where people pop over for a round in the sun

If you put a comp on in the US , Europe , Aus and SA then you will get crowds going to see. There will be a very emerging areas but itā€™s going to be nowhere near the likes of main markets.

No one outside ex pats will have any interest in going to watch a golf event in Saudi , itā€™s hard enough for them to get people to watch football

D

Deleted member 15344

Plus the reality is, the course is very much part of a future plan - there's simply not a lot round it, couple of hotels and some houses and that's about it - Jeddah is 65 miles away.

I suspect they're not really fussed about the crowds there for a good few years yet.
Other thread guys - this one is for the golf - not tired opinions. (y)

The talk is about the crowds at the golf event

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is specific to the golf on liv right now.

I just find the zero crowd a bit bizarre. The commentary team seem a bit neutered than they normally are.

The whole thing is flat. Anyway I'm off to hack it round 12 holes in the rain. šŸ˜ž maybe I'm just jealous of the weather.

Fore Right

Visit site
Its a common criticism of most golf coverage where they concentrate on small groups - ā€œmarqueeā€ groups and just a few of the bigger names

LIV coverage with everyone on the course at the same time was sold as if you would be seeing more of the field etc

Itā€™s not great when the PGAT do it and itā€™s half the reason why their coverage is poor
Liv have just launched ground breaking coverage on the Web and app soon.

Follow any group in the whole field exclusively.
It's really good if you want to follow your favourite player or team member.

They are leading the way and it's going to force the PGAT coverage to up their game.

D

Deleted member 35577

Liv have just launched ground breaking coverage on the Web and app soon.

Follow any group in the whole field exclusively.
It's really good if you want to follow your favourite player or team member.

They are leading the way and it's going to force the PGAT coverage to up their game.
Just found the feature to watch a specific group. OMG it's like it's being filmed on a Nokia 6210 and annoying background music. Why can't LIV with all that money get it right??

D

Deleted member 35577

Just noticed a caddie using a laser, sensible step forward! Is this new or always been the case on LIV?