Tee Times hack? Anyone got a hack/code? We use IG

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There’s a definite problem and lots of grumbles at our place since lockdown ended.

We use ClubV1 linked into hdid. The teetimes become available at 7am 7 days before. So every Saturday and Sunday at 7am, everyone’s trying to book times in the comps. Took me 5 mins just to get into the app that first week but luckily managed to get a time. Tried the same thing last Saturday and just couldn’t get a time. Every one I clicked on was ‘currently being processed’ and this was the same until 7.30 when every slot was then booked up. Meant I had to get up at 6.57 on the Sunday to try again.

I’m assuming the fact that every slot was ‘being processed’ for so long was that people were clicking into a time, which then reserves that time for 5 minutes, and then coming out and clicking on another time? Or perhaps it was just sheer volume of players.

We’ve had to start a reserve list, other than that I’m not sure what the solution is.

It has been observed that the same players get the same time every week, somehow.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First and foremost welcome to the forum QYFUMCUMY person. Not a bad first post. Which kinda makes me a bit suspicious. But anyway.
I have mentioned this very topic recently and I am adamant that this happens at our place. Quite frankly it bogs me off big time. nothing will change so I have got to the stage that if you cannot beat them, Join them. If someone offered me a snipe or whatever it’s called I would take it. I would sooner not but what option do you have. I have tried to book a 10.00am spot on a tuesday on the second the booking time becomes live. It tells me the spot is taken so you refresh immediately and up to 15 tee times are booked with all names entered. I don’t care if the fastest typist in the world plays golf. They cannot type that quick. Another thing is, 4 players will book a tee time apiece and then decide between them which tee time they prefer of the ones they have booked then cancel the tee time.
Ps, there’s enough folk on here that know about IG, can they not find out if it is possible to snipe and to stop they sniping going off.
I would love to know the answer.

Edit to say Ave sent them an email to see what there thoughts are.

Last edited:

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you read the terms of use for IG?

I've not but I'd guess they don't permit using scripting, RPA, bots or whatever you want to call it.

Would you be found out?
Maybe, maybe not, but if you did you might find that you no longer have the problem of booking a decent tee time, but rather have the problem of booking one at all!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
First and foremost welcome to the forum QYFUMCUMY person. Not a bad first post. Which kinda makes me a bit suspicious. But anyway.
I have mentioned this very topic recently and I am adamant that this happens at our place. Quite frankly it bogs me off big time. nothing will change so I have got to the stage that if you cannot beat them, Join them. If someone offered me a snipe or whatever it’s called I would take it. I would sooner not but what option do you have. I have tried to book a 10.00am spot on a tuesday on the second the booking time becomes live. It tells me the spot is taken so you refresh immediately and up to 15 tee times are booked with all names entered. I don’t care if the fastest typist in the world plays golf. They cannot type that quick. Another thing is, 4 players will book a tee time apiece and then decide between them which tee time they prefer of the ones they have booked then cancel the tee time.
Ps, there’s enough folk on here that know about IG, can they not find out if it is possible to snipe and to stop they sniping going off.

Good reason for the system to only allow 1 person 1 slot on that tee time looking at many posts on here.

D

Deleted member 16999

That’s bad that Tash, ours only allows you to book your name plus 3 others in to 1 slot once, surely you should mention what is happening to the Club.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
That’s bad that Tash, ours only allows you to book your name plus 3 others in to 1 slot once, surely you should mention what is happening to the Club.

Some of the people are “ esteemed “ members. One being an ex lady captain.

Me and the 3 lads were that bogged off about missing out on tee times we had a natter last Thursday about trying to book any tee time before 10.08 am For next Tuesday. We got 2 so I called me pal and told him I would cancel. Within 5 secs of cancelling an ex pit lad called me and asked if we wanted the 10..00 am tee time I had booked.I told him I released it. He saw me on Tuesday
( he managed to get it) and said it’s purgatory trying to book a tee time. A few folk started booking multiple tee times and cancelling, now everyone is doing it. The shorter days are not helping.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems like there's some strange systems out there that allow people to make multiple bookings?

At ours (using BRS) if A, B. and C want to play together, then one of them has to book all three in . You have to either put named players into the slots or leave them free. Theres no reserving of vacant spaces. And as soon as you come out of the booking, free slots are available to all & sundry. So unless you book in B & C at the same time as yourself, then you'll likely be playing with T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z who've pounced on the free spaces. And if A and B are simultaneously trying to book different times to circumvent things, they'll find that A wont be able to add B, and B cant add A etc. There just isn't scope for booking multiple slots between you then cancelling the ones you dont want.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get yourself on the council/committee/sub committee/ handicap committee/ad hoc committee, or some other committee.
You'll have no probs getting a prime tee time :devilish: just stirring the :poop:, :ROFLMAO:.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It seems that at my club people arrange their 4balls for a Saturday morning and when the sheet goes live at 8pm on Thursday they all try to book. Maybe first guy tries to book 9am, next guy 9:08 etc. The system gives you 3 minutes to complete the booking so I guess whoever gets in first calls/texts the others and they then fill in the other names. I've not done a scientific study but it does seem to be pretty much the same groups at the same times every week.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seems that at my club people arrange their 4balls for a Saturday morning and when the sheet goes live at 8pm on Thursday they all try to book. Maybe first guy tries to book 9am, next guy 9:08 etc. The system gives you 3 minutes to complete the booking so I guess whoever gets in first calls/texts the others and they then fill in the other names. I've not done a scientific study but it does seem to be pretty much the same groups at the same times every week.

Call me a cynic, but I would be suspicious of collusion in high places.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the winter months on Saturdays we have block tee bookings for 4/5 different sweeps. For trace and track purposes whoever runs the sweep enters the individual names. A few spaces are available before, after and in between sweeps

scottyc

Visit site
I'm glad my club isn't too busy and I don't play in prime tee times as i'd hate to be doing this booking race.

But I know that BRS has very easy to do techniques that will make you quicker than others and you don't need a 'bot'. Is it cheating? No it isn't, but smarter people get ahead in life and smart people don't share their techniques.

The fact is that ISVs know about these issues that clubs are facing for a long time but aren't doing anything about it (maybe they are). Back in the day booking concert tickets was easy, but then touting went online and there were a few tricks needed to start beating the queues, then the ticket companies were forced to develop new models to try and make it fairer.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things that made us all smile a lot on the club committee was there was one person who was really pushing for us to go to all booked tee times which we all finally agreed to.

Next committee meeting he was moaning he could not get the tee times he wanted because his broadband was not fast enough.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Exactly what I do, have an alarm on the phone 5 mins before the tee opens. Log onto IG via the phone a minute or so before the tee opens, view the day before, at the exact time the tee opens, click the next day and your in as it opens, grab a slot and type quickly.

Oddly, I completely missed my alarm yesterday evening, reminding me to book for next Saturday. Remembered just as I was going to bed about 5.5 hours later. Had a look, and still managed to book a free slot at 12:30 on Saturday, will wonders never cease.