Tee Times hack? Anyone got a hack/code? We use IG

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
why do people want to cheat the system just so they can get what they want ?

I suspect every golf club have people who can get a tee time quickly by just being quicker on the PC - IG for example had logs which show exactly when tbe tee time is booked

I have been accused of having a cheat to get the tee time I want but it’s not the case - it’s just simply being organised and refreshing at the right time to get the tee time you want

That’s all people do - the rumours and accusations will never go away but Imo is poor for people to be looking for ways to cheat a booking system.

How do clubs using this system cater for those who don’t have the ability to get on line.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Alternative is to not have a tee booking system for casual/social golf and if you must have an 8am tee time you and your mates turn up at the crack of dawn and 'put your ball into the chute' :)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Alternative is to not have a tee booking system for casual/social golf and if you want an 8am tee time you and your mates turn up at the crack of dawn and 'put your ball into the chute' :)

Reading this thread it seems the only fair way. Backward step but if it’s about how quick you are on a computer and if clubs aren’t willing or able to stop the same people being able to block book a tee how else can it be fair.

D

Deleted member 15344

How do clubs using this system cater for those who don’t have the ability to get on line.

They contact the office and take two of the reserved spots during the day or they ask someone to put them in
Alternative is to not have a tee booking system for casual/social golf and if you must have an 8am tee time you and your mates turn up at the crack of dawn and 'put your ball into the chute' :)

Not really allowed at the moment

D

Deleted member 15344

Is that two spots per tee time or the club only allow 2 x 4 balls these spots and do the club ensure those spots are only for those who do not have the internet or a pc.

There are 2 x 4 balls but they now be removed because no one was using them and people were getting booked in

We have a total of two members without an email and internet - both get booked by friends

D

Deleted member 15344

Thats brilliant, we still have large areas of the county still without the tinternet, was interested how this might have worked here.

The best way we found early days was reserve a number of fourballs for them - then state the spot is opened up 3 days before to everyone one else

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Rather a daft post given the current situation. Lets. have people loitering by the chute. Nearly as daft as the OP asking for a hack. There has been a few members who work all week that have occasionally struggled to get a weekend game with click and book but our Saturday weekend whatsapp group has been a great tool for arranging a game. People find a fourball and whichever member of the group gets online first books the group in. Nice and easy and has seen most people getting a game on or close to the time they want. Not the same as having the actual roll up but those days will return

D

Deleted member 3432

Rather a daft post given the current situation. Lets. have people loitering by the chute. Nearly as daft as the OP asking for a hack. There has been a few members who work all week that have occasionally struggled to get a weekend game with click and book but our Saturday weekend whatsapp group has been a great tool for arranging a game. People find a fourball and whichever member of the group gets online first books the group in. Nice and easy and has seen most people getting a game on or close to the time they want. Not the same as having the actual roll up but those days will return

Confused about your comment about members struggling to get a game under click and book. Would that not be the same situation with just rocking up?

Finite number of tee times after all....

i*windows

Visit site
Hi all! I am seeking any computer code writing geniuses out there that can hack IG tee times. To get a tee time for our private members club on a competition day is one of the most stressful 3 minutes of any members life and im 100% sure it cant be good for anyone's health! We have a sign up at 830pm the saturday before and with being a new father now its near on impossible to get a time before 1030 when this use to be easy to do. Any able to help with a hack or a code??
Thanks!!!!
didnt know InstaGram had tee times

D

Deleted member 3432

Was referring to the suggestion of the fairest way to simply get there early and put a ball in the chute to decide the order of play

Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. The Whatsapp bit obviously confused me as any gaps are visible just by looking at the tee sheet online are they not?

Anyway, totally agree about the chute.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Was referring to the suggestion of the fairest way to simply get there early and put a ball in the chute to decide the order of play

That's only fair for those that are able to get there early enough to do so. And also open to abuse.
Who really wants to turn up in the hope of getting to tee off at some time in the next couple of hours?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry, misunderstood what you were saying. The Whatsapp bit obviously confused me as any gaps are visible just by looking at the tee sheet online are they not?

Anyway, totally agree about the chute.

All good. Our whatsapp has really worked well and guys looking for a game can post it up the day before times go live and usually enough golfers that haven't hooked up for a game to make a fourball and can be flexible +/- half an hour or a specified time. As I said fastest finger gets in, finds a time and books the group. Happy days. There have been a few that have formed their own regular fours (rather than the random ball draw the roll up would have had) but nothing against that and as long at they are enjoying golf and getting a game thats all that matters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
They contact the office and take two of the reserved spots during the day or they ask someone to put them in

Not really allowed at the moment
Indeed it isn't - which is of course why we have had to start using a booking system for all golf.

We too seem to have same folks managing to grab the earliest slots...but that may simply be down to the same groups of members happy to be grabbing times in their normal batches of tee times.

My normal Saturday is between 10:30 and 12:00 (roll-up). I grab any tee time in that period and we do a random draw for actual tee times. It's rare that I want or need an early tee time...and I suspect it would not be that easy for me to get one. In non-pandemic times and with no tee booking - I'd simply turn up and take my turn. And post-pandemic I am keen that I should be able to do that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's only fair for those that are able to get there early enough to do so. And also open to abuse.
Who really wants to turn up in the hope of getting to tee off at some time in the next couple of hours?
If I really want to play, but to do so I must have an early tee time - then I roll up early and take my turn in the queue. Of course that's not ideal - but it remains my choice. With tee booking the chance is I won't get an early enough tee time.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think you've probably answered your own question there. However, just for the sake of discussion, are you suggesting it would be "cheating" to write a script to drive the website and make a booking?

Yes I do believe it would be cheating the system to script something to enable someone to get the exact tee time they want.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I have no idea how old you are, or how long you have played golf. Back when I started, playing at the local muni, to get a Saturday morning tee time involved one of your 4 ball turning up before 5am to put a ball in the chute. Said nominated player then kipped in the car until the rest of the 4 ball turned up. Sometimes you still didn't get out til half nine, and the queue went on all day.
Always a bit pressured on the first tee, with ob down the right, first shot of the day, with upwards of 50 odd people, may be more behind you.