How best to integrate a private golf club using a municipal course

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We are a private club using a municipal course run by a Trust on behalf of the local council.
They want to integrate both using one web site with all our club results and info on which is good,they are with holding letting the club members book tee times before season ticket holders.
They are asking us for proposals from the club that would help them reconsider letting us have previously enjoyed tee times i.e.sat/sun mornings 8 am to 10 am thursday morning senior slots ( about 6)
we thought of offering 1st year free club membership when they buy their season ticket......
any ideas please?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So I guess all 'Club' members pay a membership fee (How much?) & also buy season tickets or pay when they play.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes it could be a way of attracting new future members & involving them in the club in a limited way but without offering something that might cause current members to take it up.
I guess it's going to be a combination of......
# Free or say 1/3rd cost for Club Membership for which they get....
# An Official WHS H/cap
# Chance to join in Club Comps but not Honours Board Events (though could be allowed in & to win money but not able to get on the Board)

I guess another issue maybe current members feeling that the 'Newbies' are getting Club benefits on the cheap.
It's a balancing act but I can see how it could work very well in the Club's favour as you could then argue maybe needing more tee times.
Will be interesting to hear how things pan-out.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not quite the same but my first club was public course with a separate members section.

So you would join the course @£700 is a year, no further green fees after that, and if you wanted to you could optionally join the members club for £50 which covered EGU fees and allowed you to play in comps, etc...

Being a member gave you access to 2 weekend and 2 midweek comps a month which were blocked out from public bookings. No other priority was given to members for bookings. TBF it worked fairly well although I really only played every other weekend when the comps were on but that was my decision.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Always a difficult call.
The job of allowing access for competitions is difficult and has to be fluid as you will always get aggro between members and non members.
I once opened up more competition times to a club with over 1000 members after many complaints of slow play and the members blaming the 'casuals'.
Guess what, after a couple of competitions play was considerably slower and I told the club to act on 4 hour rounds and 3 player tee times max or lose the extra times.
The club appointed starters and marshalls [rangers] and it worked fine. Might have had something to do with the captain and secretary receiving slow play warnings.:eek:

Last edited: