Tee Times hack? Anyone got a hack/code? We use IG

D

Deleted member 15344

In what way? A script like that would be making a booking through the system in the same way a human would. Doesn't seem like cheating to me, just means you don't have to be sitting at your computer at the allotted time.

It’s not the same way is it though - everyone else sits there and books in - someone is trying to find a way around that so that they get the tee time they want not so that they have to sit there like everyone else.

Also what about the impact it has on the booking for everyone one else ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In what way? A script like that would be making a booking through the system in the same way a human would. Doesn't seem like cheating to me, just means you don't have to be sitting at your computer at the allotted time.

What would happen to your script if someone else is faster on the trigger for your chosen tee time? (Intereseted, not having a pop). One of my issues with BRS, is if you click on a time that is presently being booked, you get frozen out for 10s, which is massive in terms of booking.

D

Deleted member 3432

All good. Our whatsapp has really worked well and guys looking for a game can post it up the day before times go live and usually enough golfers that haven't hooked up for a game to make a fourball and can be flexible +/- half an hour or a specified time. As I said fastest finger gets in, finds a time and books the group. Happy days. There have been a few that have formed their own regular fours (rather than the random ball draw the roll up would have had) but nothing against that and as long at they are enjoying golf and getting a game thats all that matters

Couple of groups I play with when I'm off during the week but always opposite shifts at weekend, or as having a young family I want to be either playing or late so just stick my name down in any gap I find. Enjoy playing with different people most comps I play, must of them are crap golfers but decent blokes. I am also a fairly crap golfer :ROFLMAO::cry:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the current climate, I totally abhor anything people do to get in front of others or cheat the system.
Do I want people like that at my club?...no. I would hope anyone found cheating the booking system like that at my club be suspended at minomum.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well no, the booking system is the tool that people use to make a booking. Whether you sit there and manually press the buttons or schedule a script to do it you're still using the same tool. I can understand why people would resent that but it certainly doesn't seem like "cheating".

Not sure what you mean by the impact on anyone else - it'd just be one time they weren't fast enough to book.

But they are only not “fast enough” because someone has decided to use a program to beat someone who can only go as fast as humanly possible - imagine if a number of people did it.

And you are are not using the same method - one is manual the other is automatic. Which do you think has an advantage

And then of course there is moral code of it - and also a lack of respect for fellow members by doing it.

But it wouldn’t be surprising in the modern era of people trying to find a way to get whatever they want and having a total disregard to all the other members

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I have no idea how old you are, or how long you have played golf. Back when I started, playing at the local muni, to get a Saturday morning tee time involved one of your 4 ball turning up before 5am to put a ball in the chute. Said nominated player then kipped in the car until the rest of the 4 ball turned up. Sometimes you still didn't get out til half nine, and the queue went on all day.
Always a bit pressured on the first tee, with ob down the right, first shot of the day, with upwards of 50 odd people, may be more behind you.

Only been playing since the 90s. I remember turning up at the local muni when I first started and hoping it wasn't too busy. I still do a bit of that at the pitch and putt with my boy which is frustrating, especially for him.
But just because we used to do that, doesn't mean we should still do that.

Having the time to turn up and wait around for as long as it takes is a luxury many of us don't have.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well no, the booking system is the tool that people use to make a booking. Whether you sit there and manually press the buttons or schedule a script to do it you're still using the same tool. I can understand why people would resent that but it certainly doesn't seem like "cheating".

Not sure what you mean by the impact on anyone else - it'd just be one time they weren't fast enough to book.

If the tool is available to everyone then its fine, if its not and you have an unfair advantage then its not surely

only one time until you give it to a friend who gives it to a friend etc and before you know its every weekend time ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If I really want to play, but to do so I must have an early tee time - then I roll up early and take my turn in the queue. Of course that's not ideal - but it remains my choice. With tee booking the chance is I won't get an early enough tee time.

Lots of people in the same boat. The nature of the beast and you either find a group to play with and all try and get a suitable time or you try and tag in to a gap somewhere

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't have an issue on booking tee times, as not that often playing and flexible to slot in around it neither am I IT literate. Liked Murph's comment of "why reward lazy" - surely someone who takes time to solve a problem and get a system more efficient for them should be encouraged, after all work smarter not harder :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In essence, anyone could write one if they were so inclined and prepared to put in the necessary effort (granted more effort for some than others)... ;)

And, of course, you'd be a total idiot to share this around if you had it! :LOL:

Most golf course members wouldnt even know what you are talking about, let alone know how to write one!

D

Deleted member 15344

So is the person with superfast broadband cheating?

Not cheating no - maybe an advantage some would say but then they haven’t done an action to attempt to get around a system

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi all! I am seeking any computer code writing geniuses out there that can hack IG tee times. To get a tee time for our private members club on a competition day is one of the most stressful 3 minutes of any members life and im 100% sure it cant be good for anyone's health! We have a sign up at 830pm the saturday before and with being a new father now its near on impossible to get a time before 1030 when this use to be easy to do. Any able to help with a hack or a code??
Thanks!!!!

Don't dip the pen in the inkwell ? ? ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's an important differentiation between hack and cheat here.

1. If looking to hack (which would class as a crime under the computer misuse act) you are circumventing the system in order to gain access to information or functionality that is not ordinarily available to the user. A hack could range anywhere from a simple compromised administrator password all the way to the use of complex malware or exploit of a system or network vulnerability.

2. If looking to cheat, via the use of a script or some form of automation, then the only advantage you can gain is one of speed at obtaining your place in a queue. But whether speed is an advantage is entirely dependent on how the booking system is implemented. If implemented well, as an encrypted ticket or session based queue, the ticket at the front of the queue gets served first. The only thing that can be exploited is your initial place in the queue and whether your place is obtained by a script or a human makes no difference - transactions should be first in, first out.

I've not used Intelligent Golf, so I can't see exactly how it works. But if it's using sensible software patterns it doesn't matter whether it's a person or a robot making the booking because they both have equal opportunity to get a position in the queue first. The difference is, a script is probably going to win the race into the queue because it's more likely to be able to trigger exactly 8 o'clock and re-try faster.

To Kaz's point, what is the line of acceptability? That is really difficult to answer because most web browsers now provide automation. Everyone is probably familiar with their browser pre-filling forms with their address as an example to save them time. There is no conceptual difference between an address form being filled and a tee time sheet being filled. Where do you draw the line in intent? I can type faster than most people I know so am I cheating when I book my tee times?

In the end it's quite simple. Hacking is a crime. Being fast isn't.

And lastly, I think the onus is on the ISVs to guard against automation as there is a way to prevent it - everyone by now must be familiar with CAPCHA "I am not a robot" type of challenges and this is exactly the type of scenario they exist to guard against.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

The OP isn't the first to come on here and ask about it. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a fair few golf club members were using something of this nature.
I agree, I'd be surprised if things like this weren't already in use as they are with other sites

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have no idea how old you are, or how long you have played golf. Back when I started, playing at the local muni, to get a Saturday morning tee time involved one of your 4 ball turning up before 5am to put a ball in the chute. Said nominated player then kipped in the car until the rest of the 4 ball turned up. Sometimes you still didn't get out til half nine, and the queue went on all day.
Always a bit pressured on the first tee, with ob down the right, first shot of the day, with upwards of 50 odd people, may be more behind you.

Good god:eek::eek:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing I have noticed people doing to reserve slots is just to book themsleves in.. then their friends add themsleves after .... Or they will go in and edit the booking after ..

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
One thing I have noticed people doing to reserve slots is just to book themsleves in.. then their friends add themsleves after .... Or they will go in and edit the booking after ..

The club can make it that slots in the tee booking can't have RESERVED and have to be either left blank or members names put there. Can't see a problem with that.