Tee Times hack? Anyone got a hack/code? We use IG

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Are you all aware of how to refresh the page on your phone?
From this screenshot, note the circle at the top in the TourX advert, the page is refreshing (updating).
You don't need to go on the day before and then changes days, just go on the day you want and keep refreshing the page when you get very close to the time approaching.
For me on Sony/Android, I just put my finger on the screen, drag down and let go, page refreshes.

View attachment 33951

Yes, absolutely aware of refresh, same difference really. Just a means to reload the page at the time it opens.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We always had walk up and play at our course till this year and Covid, since which we've moved to BRS.
There were a few reasons for this.
  • A lot of the members who weren't playing so often left the club.
  • A course nearby sadly closed middle of last year and we got about 100 new members join who are all playing members.
  • This obviously meant more people wanting to turn up and play at the weekend which caused issues with some people complaining about waiting times.
  • Coronavirus effectively eliminated turn up and play.
So we are now all online booking and it is a bun fight at times. This coming Saturday particularly so as it's our Turkey Trot where the new VC is announced. Normally a sit-down meal at the end but that is not happening, however all times from 8:30 to 10:30 have been taken so that means the remaining times were even more sought after. I was not able to get one and I know a number of others had the same issue.
We were the last club in the area (as far as I know) to go to a booking system as turning up and playing was never an issue till the above changes. However, I can't see us going away from the booking system now.
The club has just moved from 10 minute gaps to 7 minute ones asking everyone to try and keep the pace up but we'll see how that goes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We’ve gone to six minute gaps and IMO that’s not working. Since that change I don’t think I’ve been able to tee off on schedule at all. Sometimes not even until after the next time was due to go. More members can get on the course but lots of standing around in crap weather.

Had to have a chuckle, our latest comp committee had a Zoom meeting, top of the agenda” slow play”. Lovely I thought, about time. Then I looked at who was on the committee. One of the committee members plays in front of us. They must be the slowest fourball At our place. Sweet lord.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
First and foremost welcome to the forum QYFUMCUMY person. Not a bad first post. Which kinda makes me a bit suspicious. But anyway.
I have mentioned this very topic recently and I am adamant that this happens at our place. Quite frankly it bogs me off big time. nothing will change so I have got to the stage that if you cannot beat them, Join them. If someone offered me a snipe or whatever it’s called I would take it. I would sooner not but what option do you have. I have tried to book a 10.00am spot on a tuesday on the second the booking time becomes live. It tells me the spot is taken so you refresh immediately and up to 15 tee times are booked with all names entered. I don’t care if the fastest typist in the world plays golf. They cannot type that quick. Another thing is, 4 players will book a tee time apiece and then decide between them which tee time they prefer of the ones they have booked then cancel the tee time.
Ps, there’s enough folk on here that know about IG, can they not find out if it is possible to snipe and to stop they sniping going off.
I would love to know the answer.

Edit to say Ave sent them an email to see what there thoughts are.

I have exactly this issue with BRS.

Our casual times go live at 7.30am 16 days in advance, and it has become virtually impossible to get a tee time. I understand that the two weeks over Christmas is busy, but it’s becoming farcical.

The last three mornings I have been sat in front of the BRS app at 7.29am, watching the seconds tick down. The moment it goes live is like fastest finger first on Millionaire, and either everyone is faster than me, or there’s something shady going on. I say that because ALL morning tee times are going within two or three minutes. All of them.

I’ve been a member at the club for nearly 20 years but am seriously considering my options. I don’t pay good money to not actually be able to get tee times after the clocks go back.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’ve gone to six minute gaps and IMO that’s not working. Since that change I don’t think I’ve been able to tee off on schedule at all. Sometimes not even until after the next time was due to go. More members can get on the course but lots of standing around in crap weather.
We've gone to 6 minute gaps too. But our council have been pushing the point that it's winter golf and non qualifiers. They also advise , ready golf, gimmies , no playing3 off the tee, just drop back on fairway level to where the ball was lost, and a reminder that its only3 minutes allowed when searching for a ball.

Qyefwm

Visit site
There's an important differentiation between hack and cheat here.

1. If looking to hack (which would class as a crime under the computer misuse act) you are circumventing the system in order to gain access to information or functionality that is not ordinarily available to the user. A hack could range anywhere from a simple compromised administrator password all the way to the use of complex malware or exploit of a system or network vulnerability.

2. If looking to cheat, via the use of a script or some form of automation, then the only advantage you can gain is one of speed at obtaining your place in a queue. But whether speed is an advantage is entirely dependent on how the booking system is implemented. If implemented well, as an encrypted ticket or session based queue, the ticket at the front of the queue gets served first. The only thing that can be exploited is your initial place in the queue and whether your place is obtained by a script or a human makes no difference - transactions should be first in, first out.

I've not used Intelligent Golf, so I can't see exactly how it works. But if it's using sensible software patterns it doesn't matter whether it's a person or a robot making the booking because they both have equal opportunity to get a position in the queue first. The difference is, a script is probably going to win the race into the queue because it's more likely to be able to trigger exactly 8 o'clock and re-try faster.

To Kaz's point, what is the line of acceptability? That is really difficult to answer because most web browsers now provide automation. Everyone is probably familiar with their browser pre-filling forms with their address as an example to save them time. There is no conceptual difference between an address form being filled and a tee time sheet being filled. Where do you draw the line in intent? I can type faster than most people I know so am I cheating when I book my tee times?

In the end it's quite simple. Hacking is a crime. Being fast isn't.

And lastly, I think the onus is on the ISVs to guard against automation as there is a way to prevent it - everyone by now must be familiar with CAPCHA "I am not a robot" type of challenges and this is exactly the type of scenario they exist to guard against.

Ok my words are not correct. Not hacking but a software to be able to automatically sync with the timing and allow a computer to add my group to the time and not a human.

D

Deleted member 15344

As soon as som
Doesn't really matter size of the groups or the tee gap times. After a few holes the tee gap will probably disappear when a few a balls are lost.

When we went to 4 ball bookings we went to 10 min gaps - most of the slow play issues went expect for the expected fee

We have been at 8 min gaps now since return of second lockdown - the group going at around 11ish were still going off on time

Follow ready golf etc and it’s fine - but 6 mins is not great

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Some of the problems with groups getting backed up stem from the 1st tee.
Often groups will start the second the group in front have hit their second shots. Sometimes even before ?. Rather than waiting for the time they are actually supposed to be teeing off. Groups are then never spaced out properly.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
our mini roll up on a sat died a death because of how difficult it was getting to book a time. One of the guys used to be able to get 2 or 3 times on a Sat morning, but he left and none of us has been able to so much as get a time, let alone more when they go live 3 weeks before. you try and get a time but my BB is so slow by the time i catches up the time is gone. few times tried to book 9AM and ended up with lunchtime which isn't much use. We have sort of found a solution for a Sat now. we look on Friday night and usually 2 or 3 times get cancelled the night before, so now one of us just books what comes up then. worked OK the last few months, its frustrating not knowing we have a time outside the comps every week when the same people book them then cancel last min every week

the mid week roll ups are the same with, most of its members having to be hovering for the guys that keep beating us to the times every week who cancel last min pretty much every day its run

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
TBH I don
When we went to 4 ball bookings we went to 10 min gaps - most of the slow play issues went expect for the expected fee

We have been at 8 min gaps now since return of second lockdown - the group going at around 11ish were still going off on time

Follow ready golf etc and it’s fine - but 6 mins is not great
I very seldom play on Saturdays so it doesn't really affect me, but they seem to be happy with 6 minute gaps.
ATM we use mats through the green too :cry:

NearHull

Visit site
I have just been asked to pick up an action from our Board.

‘ It is suspected that some members are utilising software to secure tee times on BRS to the disadvantage of members trying to book tee times ‘ . Or words to that effect.

Appreciating that in England we cannot play due to restrictions and booking issues have consequently fallen off the the front page, has anyone on this forum discovered anything relevant that can help me? I have searched past threads and I do have some software (management) knowledge so I’m not totally blind on the subject, , but has software scripts/bots/sniping on BRS been proven at your club ? And resolved?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Have you asked BRS if their system is secure?

If you are paying for this software I would expect they need to fix it.

I sent an email to intelligent golf asking the same question a month ago.I got no reply.