Sunningdale 2024

The Lion

Visit site
A look back through time shows that this was a popular GM Forum outing — and well-priced too with breakfast, lunch and 36 for not much more than £200!

Obviously it’d be more now, but surely it’s time to do another big meet like olden times.

So who might be interested for such a day in summer?

D

Deleted member 15344

Umm - think we would need to ensure we don’t have a reoccurrence of the previous false advertisement in regards a meet at Sunningdale

But get prices dates etc and there is no doubt people would be up for it

gopher99

Visit site
I played there in 2021 as it had been on my bucket list for ages, I think I paid £350 for 36 holes. That included breakfast, 18 holes anything you wanted at the halfway house. Carvery lunch then 18 holes again with anything you wanted from the half way house, sandwiches whilst you waited for the prizes and cakes before you left. I know you won’t get that again for the price, but it was an amazing experience and one that I am glad I did. Still have the headcover in my bag for a nearest to the pin prize on the day.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I know I always say this, but it's true!

Always best (if you're keen to run an event) to say, I can get course X , on Y date, for £Z . If you're in, send deposit!

Otherwise, you get a long thread of varying degrees of clarity and commitment. Rarely does it get any where.

It doesn't actually matter how big or small the game is.

Book it and they will come!😄

The Lion

Visit site
Just had a look on their site on a certain page, and came up with this:

It’s £400 for breakfast, 36 holes, carvery lunch and afternoon tea at the end.

That’s without speaking to GM Forum legends, tapping into our wider network, greasing a few palms… 😜