New home feedback (Croydon) Shirley park/addington palace/croham hurst.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
have you guys played it since they have performed loads of tree removal and course re-working? It looks phenomenally better, and I think the Noades ownership is really starting to pay dividends. Obviously there is still a lot of work to go, but improvements are certainly there!
Check the last sentence of my comment about it!!
Anf there would have needed to be huge changes for me to feel 'comfortable' (cf 'challenged/frustrated') on many of the holes that actually provide such to occasional players, but would be a pain for weekly ones! Examples - which may have been changed are 2, 5, 8, 9, 12 and even 13! All are 'enjoyable' occasionally, but would be a pita every week. I've never been a critic of the greens - in fact I thought they were pretty much always top-notch, though 2 putts could never be assumed!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Check the last sentence of my comment about it!!
Anf there would have needed to be huge changes for me to feel 'comfortable' (cf 'challenged/frustrated') on many of the holes that actually provide such to occasional players, but would be a pain for weekly ones! Examples - which may have been changed are 2, 5, 8, 9, 12 and even 13! All are 'enjoyable' occasionally, but would be a pita every week. I've never been a critic of the greens - in fact I thought they were pretty much always top-notch, though 2 putts could never be assumed!

maybe you need to revisit again soon as the place is pretty unrecognisable in places due to the amount of trees removed and made it more playable. I think it’s a 3/4 year plan, so still plenty to do…but there’s been a big start

Reactions: C&R

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
maybe you need to revisit again soon as the place is pretty unrecognisable in places due to the amount of trees removed and made it more playable. I think it’s a 3/4 year plan, so still plenty to do…but there’s been a big start
The trees, as such, were never something I had much of a problem with (perhaps save on 8). Though their drag on water probably contributed to the 'frustration' of hitting the fairway near one edge and finishing in rough on the other side too often! Did love much of its' 'quirkiness' though!
I'll wait until the refurb is complete before considering a return thanks!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wabinez and pants, I think Jonathan’s post related to addington palace and not the addington, although I may have miss read it.

Jonathan, regarding some of your questions on croham, I’m going to send you a pm with my number as it’s easier to talk on the tradition phone than a war and peace response.

JonathanD

Visit site
Wabinez and pants, I think Jonathan’s post related to addington palace and not the addington, although I may have miss read it.

Jonathan, regarding some of your questions on croham, I’m going to send you a pm with my number as it’s easier to talk on the tradition phone than a war and peace response.

Correct. Addington Palace was in the original mix but think we almost certainly down to Croham and Shirley.

Thanks for the PM - will reply directly shortly.