Subscriptions/current course closures - what is your club doing?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the first few days. I wonder if they'll tweak the guidelines as it goes. I am sure like the queues and DIY stores they'll be a massive initial surge so I think I'll steer clear let them find what works best and go from there

Diamond

Visit site
The course will still have less people on it than usual if we stick to 2 balls.
If
My thoughts are if the club house is closed thr only time I will be near anyone is on arrival

The car park is the only place they won’t have any 2 metre rules. Once in the course even if there are 4 balls me and my mate will be safe. The car park will be the only place where any potential contact could be made.
2 ball is safest over 18 holes but then the issue with members all playing...

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The car park is the only place they won’t have any 2 metre rules. Once in the course even if there are 4 balls me and my mate will be safe. The car park will be the only place where any potential contact could be made.
2 ball is safest over 18 holes but then the issue with members all playing...

The car park is the key to any golf club re-opening......

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
  • The course will only be open to members until further notice
  • You must book a tee time
  • Games limited to 9 holes only initially
  • Tee times must be booked by phoning the following number, at least a day before playing
  • Book 9 holes only by calling:

• There is a link on the website (google calendar) that will show a calendar of available time slots (coming from the dark ages)
  • 3 ball maximum
  • Follow the golf specific measures that are posted on the drive.
· Opening time – 7.30am
· Please change in the car park. If you do need to use the locker room – please follow social distancing rules
· Golf competitions (Saturdays) are postponed until further notice (no point rejoining for a social walk round the park)
· The Bar will remain closed until further notice

63% of the members having committed in full. the best thing about renewing is it's your choice just be happy with your move forward. If it goes tits up don't come back moaning about lack of options moving forward or a case of your loved one passing away as it's your fault nobody else's. stay safe you have a choice golf is not important but cycling and running is the new golf for 2020

Fish

Banned
Visit site
  • The course will only be open to members until further notice
  • You must book a tee time
  • Games limited to 9 holes only initially
  • Tee times must be booked by phoning the following number, at least a day before playing
  • Book 9 holes only by calling:

• There is a link on the website (google calendar) that will show a calendar of available time slots (coming from the dark ages)
  • 3 ball maximum
  • Follow the golf specific measures that are posted on the drive.
· Opening time – 7.30am
· Please change in the car park. If you do need to use the locker room – please follow social distancing rules
· Golf competitions (Saturdays) are postponed until further notice (no point rejoining for a social walk round the park)
· The Bar will remain closed until further notice

63% of the members having committed in full. the best thing about renewing is it's your choice just be happy with your move forward. If it goes tits up don't come back moaning about lack of options moving forward or a case of your loved one passing away as it's your fault nobody else's. stay safe you have a choice golf is not important but cycling and running is the new golf for 2020

what club is this? strange they’ve committed to 3-balls already without or before any official announcements.

LondonOwl

Visit site
Very similar at mine. We've recently had a letter from the Chair of Finance, thanking those of us who have renewed without question (which I understand is the majority) & reminding those that haven't that we have currently lost 2 of our 3 revenue streams. I'm guessing from the content of the letter that a few have asked what will be happening re subs/extensions/refunds & the response is when we are out the other side we'll see. I consider the club to be well run, the finances are sound so I've done what I've done since the day I've joined & trusted them to run the club properly. They haven't let me down yet, and I doubt they will now.

Pretty sure we are at the same club. I think every members club has to take the same view. Once it's all over, they can have a look and see where they are at. Maybe we get money back/extra months...maybe there will be a shortfall and subs have to go up. Either way, you sign up to be part of a club, not a customer of a business so it's rough with the smooth and all that.

Personally, if it came to it and they were looking (for example) 20% refunds, I would rather they kept the money and spent it on the course.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Pretty sure we are at the same club. I think every members club has to take the same view. Once it's all over, they can have a look and see where they are at. Maybe we get money back/extra months...maybe there will be a shortfall and subs have to go up. Either way, you sign up to be part of a club, not a customer of a business so it's rough with the smooth and all that.

Personally, if it came to it and they were looking (for example) 20% refunds, I would rather they kept the money and spent it on the course.

Yup, the money's gone, I've invested it in the club;;) please use it wisely. If we are at the same place I can recommend the quality of the stuff the caterer is doing, particularly the fish.

Jcrossley94

Visit site
So before lockdown started, I was in the process of joining a local club, I was proposed by two members. I had waited for the mandatory two weeks before lockdown where my application was on the board for anyone to scrutinise and then a week later the lockdown started. I have had comms from the club that they have paused all new applications and I have not heard anything since.

I understand the difficult situation they’re in - however they have club admin working from home, I’m a bit baffled that they have not tried to come up with a way of processing applications to allow more revenue to come in at a time they surely need it?

I’m obviously frustrated because I want to be able to play there Wednesday, but also because I can’t understand the logic of it? Can somebody provide some balance/different perspective?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So before lockdown started, I was in the process of joining a local club, I was proposed by two members. I had waited for the mandatory two weeks before lockdown where my application was on the board for anyone to scrutinise and then a week later the lockdown started. I have had comms from the club that they have paused all new applications and I have not heard anything since.

I understand the difficult situation they’re in - however they have club admin working from home, I’m a bit baffled that they have not tried to come up with a way of processing applications to allow more revenue to come in at a time they surely need it?

I’m obviously frustrated because I want to be able to play there Wednesday, but also because I can’t understand the logic of it? Can somebody provide some balance/different perspective?

I guess the simple answer would be drop them an email and lay it out as you have here, that you're keen to give them your annual subs and keen to get out and play subject to the restrictions they put in place and see what they say

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site

Poor show from the club , we've been doing phone interviews and had. 6 new members join last week

D

Deleted member 21258

If the club is full and has a waiting list, then the clubs first priority is to its existing members and protecting the staff/members.

At that stage with the virus with so many unknowns, I can understand why they would pause the process.

Be patient, try to see it from the many paths that could unfold and view points & unknowns and see how things progress as golf reopens.

As a result I can see why the club did what they did.

Jcrossley94

Visit site
I guess the simple answer would be drop them an email and lay it out as you have here, that you're keen to give them your annual subs and keen to get out and play subject to the restrictions they put in place and see what they say

Thanks, Sent a similar email over last week and received a response that they are looking in to potential options to restart member applications. Guess its just a case of waiting for guidance, understand its a difficult situation for them to be in, i just thought they'd be keen to get some revenue generated.

Jcrossley94

Visit site
If the club is full and has a waiting list, then the clubs first priority is to its existing members and protecting the staff/members.

At that stage with the virus with so many unknowns, I can understand why they would pause the process.

Be patient, try to see it from the many paths that could unfold and view points & unknowns and see how things progress as golf reopens.

As a result I can see why the club did what they did.

Totally understand this perspective, just craving clarity on the situation - as i suppose we all are