Subscriptions/current course closures - what is your club doing?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think you should think long term and take the short term financial pain. Join the club that you originally wanted and signed up to the waiting list. Get a refund for the county qualifiers. “being clean and dry after a round or covered in mud during the winter months” is the clincher for me.

Exactly why I’m looking to move to a new club for 21,

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having to pay full subs isn't my bug bear. It's the zero acknowledgement from the club. Pretty much been "you all have to pay full stop". If I was in management I would at least be sending out emails or Facebook photos of what out money goes towards, what's being done and the importance of keeping money coming in.

Spot on. A nominal gesture to acknowledge our support would do the world of good, £50 to be spent in the pro shop means they’d get it back anyway, or a month free would be absolutely fine. Guarantee as soon as they’re back open they’ll be begging us to spend money in the shop/clubhouse!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a members club I feel torn. We need the members fees as the bedrock of finances each year so understand why the club is insisting on DD's being paid etc but seeing money going out for no return isn't easy. There are rumours of a rebate which would be good but there are some conditions that need to fall into place apparently so not a done deal.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
We haven’t had a penny back or it even mentioned .
so I been paying a direct debit every month for no golf ,the clubs a members club and in a pretty good financial position with the membership full and a waiting list .
They have kept all green staff on rather than furlough and have re done 8 of the bunkers with the Ecco bunker system so they are using the time to improve ,but It would be nice to have somthing back as i can’t justify full membership next year if I’m going to lose so much golf .

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We haven’t had a penny back or it even mentioned .
so I been paying a direct debit every month for no golf ,the clubs a members club and in a pretty good financial position with the membership full and a waiting list .
They have kept all green staff on rather than furlough and have re done 8 of the bunkers with the Ecco bunker system so they are using the time to improve ,but It would be nice to have somthing back as i can’t justify full membership next year if I’m going to lose so much golf .

Not sure we're in the same good financial position of your club, but we're not in a mess either. Other than that I'm in the same situation and paying for nothing. We have some staff on furlough. Haven't been to the course since we went into lockdown so no idea what the green staff are doing in terms of course upkeep but hoping to see some changes.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure we're in the same good financial position of your club, but we're not in a mess either. Other than that I'm in the same situation and paying for nothing. We have some staff on furlough. Haven't been to the course since we went into lockdown so no idea what the green staff are doing in terms of course upkeep but hoping to see some changes.
Sounds like the same scenario ,we have regular emails with pictures and updates of what they’re doing ,to be honest I’ve never known a club to put as much back into the course which is nice ,it’s just all this mess with Covid.
Be interesting to see if they offer anything back to the membership for all the lost months