Subscriptions/current course closures - what is your club doing?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A mate of mine has contacted his place regarding the matter, and been told no rebates no nothing. Now considering payments were due 1st April and I know, coz I was a member there, most paid on the last minute, the place will be struggling unless they offer something, and it has better be good as their are two other course within two miles of them and if those places put a good offer up early doors, the golfers will all flock to that place and one who has done nothing will go under.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Maybe the place will struggle IF they offer something..
Little point in offering to extend memberships or give a rebate or reduce next year's subs if it sends the business down.
Just because they haven't offered anything doesn't mean the dont want to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My club has just sent this

After another month of lockdown, it seems like we draw ever closer to the time when we can start to play golf again. We all await the Government briefing later this week (now Sunday) with keen anticipation. We have been provided with a lot of official guidance on how golf will look following the end of lockdown. To prepare you for what is to come here is a brief list of what to expect (Subject to Change):
  • Playing in 2 Balls ONLY
  • Booked Tee Times 10 minutes apart
  • NO Play permitted if you just turn up without a booking
  • Book in (yourself ONLY) using Club V1 app (Preferred) or by Telephone. You will book in as though it is a competition each day, selecting your own tee time using the competition booking facility.
  • 9 Holes per Day ONLY
  • Strict Social Distancing as per Government Guidelines
  • Players should use and touch their own equipment only
  • No congregation of golfers at any time
  • Turn up no more than 15 minutes before booked Tee Time
  • Leave the Golf Club immediately after concluding your round
  • Members ONLY allowed to play the course (for an initial period)
  • Social Golf ONLY – There will be no formal competitions
  • Starters and Marshalls to be operating once we re-open
  • Zero tolerance of non-compliance
  • Club House and Bar to remain closed until further notice
  • Access to Toilets will be provided and Pro Shop (possibly) depending on guidelines
No mention of any deferment of subs or extension of the renewal year but some very sensible guidelines and very pleased about the zero tolerance for non-compliance

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My club has just sent this

After another month of lockdown, it seems like we draw ever closer to the time when we can start to play golf again. We all await the Government briefing later this week (now Sunday) with keen anticipation. We have been provided with a lot of official guidance on how golf will look following the end of lockdown. To prepare you for what is to come here is a brief list of what to expect (Subject to Change):
  • Playing in 2 Balls ONLY
  • Booked Tee Times 10 minutes apart
  • NO Play permitted if you just turn up without a booking
  • Book in (yourself ONLY) using Club V1 app (Preferred) or by Telephone. You will book in as though it is a competition each day, selecting your own tee time using the competition booking facility.
  • 9 Holes per Day ONLY
  • Strict Social Distancing as per Government Guidelines
  • Players should use and touch their own equipment only
  • No congregation of golfers at any time
  • Turn up no more than 15 minutes before booked Tee Time
  • Leave the Golf Club immediately after concluding your round
  • Members ONLY allowed to play the course (for an initial period)
  • Social Golf ONLY – There will be no formal competitions
  • Starters and Marshalls to be operating once we re-open
  • Zero tolerance of non-compliance
  • Club House and Bar to remain closed until further notice
  • Access to Toilets will be provided and Pro Shop (possibly) depending on guidelines
No mention of any deferment of subs or extension of the renewal year but some very sensible guidelines and very pleased about the zero tolerance for non-compliance

I think 9 holes is a bit ott personally.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Glad its not just me. I have sent an email to ask the question.

So is one half of the course not being used? If not, are 2-balls selecting 1st & 10th tee times? Seems like more trouble than its worth, just open the course in full, 4-balls and extend the tee times, no need to over complicate that much, imo.

Visit site
I assume the '9 holes only' is to allow for a 2 tee start to allow for everyone to enjoy a game.

Assuming tee booking from 7.30am to 5pm, 10 minutes apart, 2 balls, 2 tee start - That would allow for 232 members to play 9 holes in any given day.
(I know you can tee off until much later than 5, but if they're using Starters/Marshalls then I don't think they will allow play at all hours).

Most members clubs probably have double that number of members. And you can bet a majority will be desperate to play.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I assume the '9 holes only' is to allow for a 2 tee start to allow for everyone to enjoy a game.

Assuming tee booking from 7.30am to 5pm, 10 minutes apart, 2 balls, 2 tee start - That would allow for 232 members to play 9 holes in any given day.
(I know you can tee off until much later than 5, but if they're using Starters/Marshalls then I don't think they will allow play at all hours).

Most members clubs probably have double that number of members. And you can bet a majority will be desperate to play.

It would also allow more tee times in a day in that if you are playing 18 holes, you would not be looking to tee off much later than 5.00. If you were only playing 9 holes, you could probably get out up to 7.00 or 8.00 if you wanted.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Which would mean, at most clubs, 2 or 3 days maximum and everyone has had the opportunity to play...what then?
Not everyone will be able to play on those first 3 days, or maybe even not want to.
How long does that go on for, how many times a week can you play...it almost asks more questions than it answers.
Lots of people are still working so couldn't play midweek....
I dont know the answer by the way......

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Which would mean, at most clubs, 2 or 3 days maximum and everyone has had the opportunity to play...what then?
Not everyone will be able to play on those first 3 days, or maybe even not want to.
How long does that go on for, how many times a week can you play...it almost asks more questions than it answers.
Lots of people are still working so couldn't play midweek....
I dont know the answer by the way......
To be honest, I'm hoping the usual groups and roll ups will get out nice and early and I can bag a late afternoon slot midweek. I'd like to try and play with some of my mates at the weekend but think all the slots will go quickly so might opt for a solo round. Gives me a chance to chop it round in ideal solitude

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be honest, I'm hoping the usual groups and roll ups will get out nice and early and I can bag a late afternoon slot midweek. I'd like to try and play with some of my mates at the weekend but think all the slots will go quickly so might opt for a solo round. Gives me a chance to chop it round in ideal solitude
For the time being there will be no usual groups and roll ups just 2 balls totally separate from each other with no contact between groups. As soon as anyone tries to arrange more then it is asking for trouble

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
For the time being there will be no usual groups and roll ups just 2 balls totally separate from each other with no contact between groups. As soon as anyone tries to arrange more then it is asking for trouble
My point was, the usual roll up members will try and organise the bookings so they can at least play their normal time and with a regular partner. We know about no social interaction in the clubhouse or car park so don't envisage too many loitering for a chat but do think they'll want a familiar face to go out with

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My club have just back peddled with their original stance on subscriptions. Originally they said we would get a reduced rate next year to compensate us for the 6 weeks that we couldn't play this year, however, they have now said that they will have to review it nearer the time.

I realize its not easy making financial commitments a year out, but, I know through the council meeting minutes that only 70% of people had paid by 1st April, so , do the remaining 30% just pay for 11 months golf ? They just need to be fair one way or the other imo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club have released a detailed set of guidelines, They seem on paper a little draconian upon reading but hoping it'll be far more functional in reality:

For golfers, the measures cover each step of the journey from home to 1st tee and back home again. At the golf course, these measures are in place from dawn until dusk, seven days a week. If you are in self isolation or displaying any COVID-19 symptoms please do not attend the golf course.

These measures and procedures are under constant review, updated as advice from government, health authorities and governing bodies evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions

Section 1 – Play
In the initial period following re-opening, access to the course is limited to our members, and staff:

2-balls only initially with 10 minute starting intervals
9 Holes only with starting times on both the 1st & 10th tee
All tee times to be booked through Club V1 with the names of both players submitted in advance
Strict social distancing to be enforced on all areas of the property
No congregation of golfers; all golfers should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their tee time and depart the premises immediately after the conclusion of their round
Players should use & touch only their own golf equipment; no touching anyone else’s golf equipment at any time
Members only allowed on the course until further notice (a review will take place)
Golfers should travel to the golf course alone or with a member of same household
Social golf only ; there will be no competitive golf
NO ROLL UP GOLF AVAILABLE OUTSIDE OF BOOKED TIMES

Section 2 – Monitoring Players
A Marshall will be present at the gates to check in players upon arrival. Anybody without a booked tee time will be turned away and a mandatory check in policy exists. Players will be pointed to the correct section of the car park depending on which tee they’re playing from- 10th tee park in the car park section closest to golf shop & overflow carpark; 1st tee main car park. Please maintain social distancing at all times.
If playing from the 1st tee you will be entitled to use the nets & putting green facilities. One group will be on the tee, one group on the putting green & one in the nets to be monitored by 1st tee starter
Starter on 1st & 10th tee will re-enforce social distancing expectations (The Pro Shop may be used as the 10th tee check in.)
The changing rooms are closed -if you need to collect equipment please contact the Pro Shop or office to arrange.
Marshalls on the course will monitor all players to ensure adherence to the procedures in place. There will be a zero-tolerance policy relating to any of the measures implemented with a warning for the first offence & a second offence will lead to official club disciplinary procedures
Upon completion of your round please leave the premises as quickly as reasonably possible.

Section 3 – Golf Course
Once a hole is completed the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable or in a penalty area: remember this is only social golf
Players must not pick up another players golf equipment or golf ball; neither must players exchange food or drink
Please refrain from handshakes and observe social distancing
The golf club will adhere to all directives given by the relevant governing bodies which are likely to include the following:
Flagsticks to remain in & not to be touched
Inverted Cups
Removal of all rakes from the course
Benches, ball washers, shoe cleaners etc all to be out of use

Section 4 – Professional Shop
Clear external signage will inform golfers of the following:
Maximum of 1 golfer allowed in the shop at one time
A defined queue area will be established outside of the shop where golfers must adhere to the 2m social distancing

Upon exit of the shop, customer must exit in a way that ensures they don’t come closer than 2m to those in the queue waiting outside.
Essential golfing items will be available to purchase, gathered by staff on request and a ‘click & collect ‘service will operate.
If a customer wishes to try on any clothing or golf shoes then disposable gloves will be provided for them to wear while touching any of the items to prevent contamination
Payment will be via members account.
Buggies to be single use only (under from the same household). Strict sanitisation procedure between hires to ensure no cross contamination.
Hire trollies (manual & electric) to be sanitised between hires to ensure no cross contamination.
Individual Lessons only, adhering to social distancing advice.
All lessons must be booked in advance.

Section 5 – Driving Range
The driving range will be open for a maximum of 4 players at one time and bookings must be made in advance through the Professional shop. Range balls must be collected from the professional shop
Maximum of 30 minutes to be spent on the driving range at one time. All baskets must be left on the driving range after use.
Pro shop staff to collect baskets once per hour & will ensure all baskets are sanitised after use.

Section 6 – Clubhouse & Bar
The bar and restaurant will remain closed until further government advice is issued. Updates will be issued as and when this is available.
To contact the office please phone the club rather than visit in person. The office will be staffed as normal.
Clubhouse access will be limited to the toilets only
The clubhouse will be locked daily at 6pm
The trolley/buggy storage will remain in use -1 person at a time may retrieve, and the doors will be open during the day.

Section 7-- Returning Home

Players must call or email the golf club with any post round health issues at the earliest possible opportunity

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club have released a detailed set of guidelines, They seem on paper a little draconian upon reading but hoping it'll be far more functional in reality:

For golfers, the measures cover each step of the journey from home to 1st tee and back home again. At the golf course, these measures are in place from dawn until dusk, seven days a week. If you are in self isolation or displaying any COVID-19 symptoms please do not attend the golf course.

These measures and procedures are under constant review, updated as advice from government, health authorities and governing bodies evolves in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions

Section 1 – Play
In the initial period following re-opening, access to the course is limited to our members, and staff:

All tee times to be booked through Club V1 with the names of both players submitted in advance
No congregation of golfers; all golfers should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their tee time and depart the premises immediately after the conclusion of their round
Players should use & touch only their own golf equipment; no touching anyone else’s golf equipment at any time
Members only allowed on the course until further notice (a review will take place)
Golfers should travel to the golf course alone or with a member of same household

A Marshall will be present at the gates to check in players upon arrival. Anybody without a booked tee time will be turned away and a mandatory check in policy exists. Players will be pointed to the correct section of the car park depending on which tee they’re playing from- 10th tee park in the car park section closest to golf shop & overflow carpark; 1st tee main car park. Please maintain social distancing at all times.
If playing from the 1st tee you will be entitled to use the nets & putting green facilities. One group will be on the tee, one group on the putting green & one in the nets to be monitored by 1st tee starter
Starter on 1st & 10th tee will re-enforce social distancing expectations (The Pro Shop may be used as the 10th tee check in.)
The changing rooms are closed -if you need to collect equipment please contact the Pro Shop or office to arrange.
Marshalls on the course will monitor all players to ensure adherence to the procedures in place. There will be a zero-tolerance policy relating to any of the measures implemented with a warning for the first offence & a second offence will lead to official club disciplinary procedures
Upon completion of your round please leave the premises as quickly as reasonably possible.

Section 3 – Golf Course
Once a hole is completed the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole
Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable or in a penalty area: remember this is only social golf
Players must not pick up another players golf equipment or golf ball; neither must players exchange food or drink
The golf club will adhere to all directives given by the relevant governing bodies which are likely to include the following:
Inverted Cups

A defined queue area will be established outside of the shop where golfers must adhere to the 2m social distancing

Upon exit of the shop, customer must exit in a way that ensures they don’t come closer than 2m to those in the queue waiting outside.
Essential golfing items will be available to purchase, gathered by staff on request and a ‘click & collect ‘service will operate.
If a customer wishes to try on any clothing or golf shoes then disposable gloves will be provided for them to wear while touching any of the items to prevent contamination
Buggies to be single use only (under from the same household). Strict sanitisation procedure between hires to ensure no cross contamination.
Hire trollies (manual & electric) to be sanitised between hires to ensure no cross contamination.

The driving range will be open for a maximum of 4 players at one time and bookings must be made in advance through the Professional shop. Range balls must be collected from the professional shop
Maximum of 30 minutes to be spent on the driving range at one time. All baskets must be left on the driving range after use.
Pro shop staff to collect baskets once per hour & will ensure all baskets are sanitised after use.

The bar and restaurant will remain closed until further government advice is issued. Updates will be issued as and when this is available.
To contact the office please phone the club rather than visit in person. The office will be staffed as normal.
The trolley/buggy storage will remain in use -1 person at a time may retrieve, and the doors will be open during the day.

Players must call or email the golf club with any post round health issues at the earliest possible opportunity

I find it hard to reconcile your view that measures are like this are “draconian” but you work in an Intensive Care unit!!!

Seem sensible enough and in line with pretty much every golf whenever they can reopen tbh

PaulS

Visit site

Section 1 – Play

Section 3 – Golf Course
Inverted Cups

These are the exact measures that are going to be required at every golf club and are based on a template set out by England Golf. Nothing draconian about them in the slightest.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how that is Draconian. Pretty much how I would expect it. What exactly do you see as out of order? Safe social distancing policies plus 9 holes only to allow most people to play

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I find it hard to reconcile your view that measures are like this are “draconian” but you work in an Intensive Care unit!!!

Seem sensible enough and in line with pretty much every golf whenever they can reopen tbh

These are the exact measures that are going to be required at every golf club and are based on a template set out by England Golf. Nothing draconian about them in the slightest.

Not sure how that is Draconian. Pretty much how I would expect it. What exactly do you see as out of order? Safe social distancing policies plus 9 holes only to allow most people to play

It’s not draconian, just long winded, but once you pick out the bones, it’s pretty much what will be rolled out across the country, and if that’s what it takes to get back on the course sooner rather than later, then I’ll take it.

Diamond

Visit site
If courses open with 2 tee times and 2 x 9 hole courses. Is that not going to make the car park twice as busy and twice as likely to bump into someone?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If courses open with 2 tee times and 2 x 9 hole courses. Is that not going to make the car park twice as busy and twice as likely to bump into someone?

The course will still have less people on it than usual if we stick to 2 balls.
If people can't navigate a car park safely. I worry for them!