Strangest Thing To Happen On A Golf Course

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I played at iberostar cancun and Missis tash was drivin the left hand drive buggy. It's the only time I have been able to put draw on a ball and the only time I have hit one 300 yard drive in me life.

on the 17 th I creamed this drive with draw down the left hand side and told Missis tash to stick to the path running down left side of fairway, about 20 yd from women's tees Missis tash stops on path looks down to her left and says look at that. About 5 ft from her feet is a 8-10 ft croc. I didn't get out to measure it. Proper freaked me out. She thought it looked cute.

Strange thing is a couple of months ago a couple of yanks had a run in with a croc on the course where one of the yanks was grabbed by the croc, it let go when the yanks mate smacked it on the head with a 30lb rock. Apparently the hotel said they had been feeding it chicken from the hotel.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not amazing but my pp parked his trolley infront of the pond on our 5th. When he took his club out he caught the go button. Cue him lunging after it as it ran into said pond. I tried to help but it was really hard as I was rolling around in the floor laughing!! He did see the funny side shortly after!!
That reminds me of the time my mate hit his drive down the wrong fairway on the left. While walking and pulling his trolley and looking back talking to us , he walked up a slight incline which turned out to be a pot bunker on the next hole , and promptly fell in pulling his trolley and clubs on top of himself. And yes the three of us nearly wet ourselves laughing.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I played at iberostar cancun and Missis tash was drivin the left hand drive buggy. It's the only time I have been able to put draw on a ball and the only time I have hit one 300 yard drive in me life.

on the 17 th I creamed this drive with draw down the left hand side and told Missis tash to stick to the path running down left side of fairway, about 20 yd from women's tees Missis tash stops on path looks down to her left and says look at that. About 5 ft from her feet is a 8-10 ft croc. I didn't get out to measure it. Proper freaked me out. She thought it looked cute.

Strange thing is a couple of months ago a couple of yanks had a run in with a croc on the course where one of the yanks was grabbed by the croc, it let go when the yanks mate smacked it on the head with a 30lb rock. Apparently the hotel said they had been feeding it chicken from the hotel.
ad something similar in florida. The other half hit a great shot to the green but unluckily it rolled down the side . As the rough was quite thick on the edge I walked straight towards the ball was (instead of jumping back in buggy). I shouted to my wife your ball I here and as I said this something caught my eye about 3foot away. I could no make it out at 1st then it blinked. It was a 7ft gator just resting in the sun but as I said 3 ft away from the ball. I said to my wife, just leave the ball and you can have a free job on the fairway lol

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
We had a burning car left on the 4th tee. Whoever left it did well to drive it out there. There is a big tree at the back of the tee that still has signs of burning. Fortunately it survived and is still growing.

I seem to remember someone drove their car into a huge bunker. Think it might have been at Royal North Devon. I think the occupants of the car were looking for somewhere quiet for a bit of how's your father.:whistle:

This one http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-11259322

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Played in a Senior Open a while ago (almost 6 years in fact) at my old place and was helping FC1 look for his ball and decide whether he could take relief from a staked tree. FC2 had smacked his 2nd into trees, played a provisional and went looking for it. When we got back to the fairway, FC2 emerged from the trees, having found and played his first ball, but couldn't find his PowerCaddy.

Turns out he'd left it on 'Run' rather than the '5m' setting and it had happily meandered up the fairway into the greenside pond. Of course his wallet, car-keys and Iphone were in it, so he waded into the depths hanging onto my Driver for support!

Another time I finished my round to find a bedraggled pair who had chased a runaway ClicGear into a very mucky 'pond' - rolled from beside the 8th green, down the hill in front of the 9th Tee! The irons/wedges had sunk and were retrieved a couple of days later but the woods were retrieved and he had had his Putter! And as a serious Tour Fitter, the gear was high-end! Apparently acquired some sort of itchy rash that he blamed on the incident too!