What has been your most embarrassing moment on a golf course.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your car?

Would have been more embarrassing if was mine

The waiter at the course wasn't impressed .. lucky I took out insurance the week before

However I do maintain they have had a few problems with it on the 18th so why he parked so close .. park at the back lol

Was my old club from 2013

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Almost missing the ball with my tee shot on the 1st of the Old Course...it trickled off the front of the tee.

In mitigation it was between Christmas and New Year, and blowing a gale...and I'd been consuming rather nice malt whisky to about 2am...no excuse...just feeble mitigation for my ...oops!...

sunshine

Visit site
Almost missing the ball with my tee shot on the 1st of the Old Course...it trickled off the front of the tee.

In mitigation it was between Christmas and New Year, and blowing a gale...and I'd been consuming rather nice malt whisky to about 2am...no excuse...just feeble mitigation for my ...oops!...

This must happen to so many people. Huge fairway but usually a lot of people watching and it is typically a momentous occasion!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a corporate event at The Grove, the day after Tiger won the WGC in 2006.

Nick Faldo was there as a pro host and played one hole with each group, a par-3 on the back nine of about 140 up a hill. I was playing decently, came to the hole with some confidence and in front of Faldo, hit a text-book shank with a 9 iron.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to prize giving night, collected some trophies, filled one with whisky, good night ensued, fell over, woke up in a bed in a&e the next morning still drunk and with seven stitches in my eyebrow.

sunshine

Visit site
These answers so far are all fairly tame. I was hoping to hear stories about being caught in a bunker with the lady captain ?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
I was playing golf (years back), and managed to hit myself on the head with my own putter, blood ensued as did the early departure from the course, luckily not too many people were around!!

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing at a hotel course in Cornwall, closing hole was a short Par 3. Accidentally, picked up a 6 iron instead of a 9 iron, hit a cracking shot and watched the ball sail over the green hit a path and go straight through a window leading into the Swimming pool. ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many years ago I had a society day at St. George's Hill.
Teeing off in front of the clubhouse, took a mahoosive divot but totally missed the ball.
When I looked at my beautifully clean, unhit golf ball sitting proudly on it's tee peg, it just looked huge!!
How could I have not hit it?

I didn't look back towards the clubhouse.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Playing at a hotel course in Cornwall, closing hole was a short Par 3. Accidentally, picked up a 6 iron instead of a 9 iron, hit a cracking shot and watched the ball sail over the green hit a path and go straight through a window leading into the Swimming pool. ?
Carlyon Bay?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spent ages practicing going down the 18th fairway on my old course with the first tee shot of the round as it was a better angle. Told people I was going to do it in the Captain's Day event. Lots of people watching.
Promptly hit a massive hook and the ball ended up in the middle of the 1st fairway.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
These answers so far are all fairly tame. I was hoping to hear stories about being caught in a bunker with the lady captain ?

Didn't involve me but I was there for this one. Everyone knew the Captain was playing away from home with one of the women who played in the weekend roll-up. We'll call her Jan. There was this bush about 100 yards from the first tee that she kept hitting and it had become known as Jan's Bush for obvious reasons with all the gags about trimming it, shaving it etc. One roll-up with about 20 people by the first tee, the Captain hits his ball in there. "Oh you're in Jan's bush .... not for the first time eh?" was the comment. Everyone on the floor crying their eyes out laughing, he just walks off without saying a word. Priceless.

sunshine

Visit site
Didn't involve me but I was there for this one. Everyone knew the Captain was playing away from home with one of the women who played in the weekend roll-up. We'll call her Jan. There was this bush about 100 yards from the first tee that she kept hitting and it had become known as Jan's Bush for obvious reasons with all the gags about trimming it, shaving it etc. One roll-up with about 20 people by the first tee, the Captain hits his ball in there. "Oh you're in Jan's bush .... not for the first time eh?" was the comment. Everyone on the floor crying their eyes out laughing, he just walks off without saying a word. Priceless.

Does this belong in the "cheating on the golf course" thread? ;)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I got caught with the lady captain in the bunker. There done :ROFLMAO:

Honestly I think only duffing a tee shot in front of loads of people is about my limit of embarrassment on the course.