Strangest Thing To Happen On A Golf Course

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Ive had a few bizarre moments on course but the one that sticks to mind is being shot at.In the early 90's Ufford Park near Ipswich had just been built,the far holes are next to a housing estate and whilst preparing to tee off I heard a crack and looked up to see a guy in the bushes armed with an air rifle scurry off.I reported this to the pro shop and they said its "happened quite a few times", I suggested they get it sorted :confused:.Not actually on course but in full view of players walking past a young lady was topping up her tan in a garden adjacent to the 10th at The Suffolk Golf And Country Club some years back, she was starkers and oblivious to players conveniantly losing their ball in close proximity to her garden...what you got guys?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A helicopter landing on the 5th fairway at Son Vida gc Majorca ,while we were waiting to tee off.
Another time at Greenburn gc, 2 balls collided in mid air , at a cross over hole.
Me getting a eagle net albatros at our 7th hole.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a balloon land on our 14th fairway at my old club? It was getting into the evening and they needed somewhere to set down. Our 14th was the nearest open space.

The owners of the hotel that borders my current course sometimes have things flown in by helicopter - as they own part of thenland , they park their chopper behind the clubhouse. It flies straight down our 10th and would be taken out by a decent drive.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
We had a balloon land on our 14th fairway at my old club? It was getting into the evening and they needed somewhere to set down. Our 14th was the nearest open space.

The same thing happened to me on our 18th, completely lost my concentration, is there anything in NGT for this situation?

D

Deleted member 15344

Had a glider land on the 13th of Dunstable Downs

A couple got caught "Frolicing" in a bush near the 9th os Aspley guise

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Once had a chap come down the fairway on a motorbike with a gun slung over his shoulder. Told me to wait where I was until he came back. A short while later I heatd a "bang" in the distance, then the guy came back - still on motorbike - and said "It's ok, you can carry on..."

Was in Zimbabwe at Elephant Hills and it seems there was a rogue waterbuck got on the course and which was going for people. So they had to shoot it. Or so I believe. If a bloke with a gun says "wait!" then I wait without asking too many questions...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Once had a chap come down the fairway on a motorbike with a gun slung over his shoulder. Told me to wait where I was until he came back. A short while later I heatd a "bang" in the distance, then the guy came back - still on motorbike - and said "It's ok, you can carry on..."

Was in Zimbabwe at Elephant Hills and it seems there was a rogue waterbuck got on the course and which was going for people. So they had to shoot it. Or so I believe. If a bloke with a gun says "wait!" then I wait without asking too many questions...

What handicap was he! Are you sure he gets a shot at that hole?

Leereed

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing partner hit yellow pegs with ball when teeing off with driver, ball went about 200ft in air, then landed in bin next to use on white pegs.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit two different overhead power lines in one round of golf once. It was at Estepona in Spain back in 1991. Only ever done it once since, and never seen anybody else do it ever.

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not actually on course but in full view of players walking past a young lady was topping up her tan in a garden adjacent to the 10th at The Suffolk Golf And Country Club some years back, she was starkers and oblivious to players conveniantly losing their ball in close proximity to her garden...what you got guys?

The quickest route planned in my satnav to the 10th at The Suffolk Golf And Country Club.......

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A seagull pushing a ball around with its beak on an adjacent green last summer. As the players approached it flew off with the ball in its beak..

What's the rule?????

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit two different overhead power lines in one round of golf once. It was at Estepona in Spain back in 1991. Only ever done it once since, and never seen anybody else do it ever.
Playing partner at Blackmoor hit a power line with a lovely shot. Rule is you play again, and he did exactly the same again with another perfect shot. Third attempt he fatted it.

D

Deleted member 17920

At my 9 hole club a local rule is to give way to aircraft, over the years we have had to stop and move back from the tee box for the VC10 as the wingspan went over the 5th tee but playing the par 5 one day a Swiss pilot in a F18 hornet decided to taxi down the wrong turning and ended up having to tune around right over the road in front of the 17th tee just as a 3 ball were waiting to tee off.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
A seagull pushing a ball around with its beak on an adjacent green last summer. As the players approached it flew off with the ball in its beak..

What's the rule?????

Replace ball in original spot, no penalty

Also had birds pecking at my balls a few times and then doing a runner with them

What with the resort courses round here I've seen the helicopter thing a few times too as they bring folks in
Last year saw a troop of monkeys sitting in the fairway bunker on 18th (crab hunting apparently)
Seen a sky'd 3w drive scoot off into the air only for the strongest wind I've played in to send it right back to land behind the player by 20 yards