Spikeless Golf Shoes

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive never owned a pair of spikeless shoes but as im off playing abroad for the first time this year just wondered what peoples opinions are of them.
Im wondering whether to go spikeless or something like the 6 spike shoe.
I currently own a pair of Footjoy DNA2 and some Adidas Tour 360x both of which have great grip , but not sure whether to take them or get something like the Footjoy Sport spikeless but ive also seen the Hydrolite Boas at a good price.
Recommendations please.

gmhubble

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a pair of FJ really cheap in the Jan sales just for the driving range to save using my normal shoes - I would wear them on the course but only when it's really dry

Fish

Banned
Visit site
My Adidas Gripmores are the most comfortable I've worn and still do of the 3 spikeless pairs I own.

D

Deleted member 15344

I mainly wear spineless - even in wet they do the business

Adidas Gripmore are the best by a county mile - have two pairs

You can still get some of the Dryjoy Casual Tour - they are superb have 4 pairs of them

Or the new Pro SL - they are very comfortable and look nice - bit pricey though

And the final pair I have are Adidas Boost - excellent again and they have great for the winter

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've been looking for when I go away in April. I like some of the Adidas and Nike range, tried on some FJ and they came up a size smaller than Adidas but didn't like the view looking down on them, they looked a bit weird - maybe it was the stitching at the front so didn't get them.

I do own some Adidas crossflex but have only worn them once on the course as they feel too high and don't have enough grip, really comfy though. I normally wear them to the course and then change into my spikes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive never owned a pair of spikeless shoes but as im off playing abroad for the first time this year just wondered what peoples opinions are of them.
I currently own a pair of Footjoy DNA2 and some Adidas Tour 360x both of which have great grip , but not sure whether to take them or get something like the Footjoy Sport spikeless but ive also seen the Hydrolite Boas at a good price.
Recommendations please.

for my bday last year I got 2 pairs of shoes..

1 the footjoy freestyle £110 ish
1 pair of callaway spikeless from costco £45

i wore the footjoys about 3 times (useless in the wet as just get a wet foot) and come the summer I played one round in the callaway and that was it.. much easier and comfortable as hell. (I suffer from plantia facissitis so comfort is key)

bonus of being able to drive to the course , play a round and go bar afters all in one shoe lol

got another pair coming this year different style

currently have the callaways in the boot for whenever I go to the driving range

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a couple of dimple shoes and they are the comfiest I have worn. Drive in them play in them, clubhouse in them, home in them.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
have you tried Ecco's?

ive few pairs and they are sooo comfortable. worth considering if you have wider feet.

some bargains to be had too, there will be plenty of last years model about.

Inverness golf club had loads, they have a feabay page as well

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Always wear spikeless, except in darkest, muddiest winter. Have tried Ecco, Adidas, Puma and Footjoy. They were all good, but my favourites are the FJ Dryjoy spikeless (predecessor to the Pro SL), excellent grip even in the wet, and last winter. Would still be wearing them now if I hadn't worn the soles down so much.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recommendations please.
I have a pair of puma eco ortholite great shoes as they are waterproof.
This is important as I play in Florida a lot.
early in the morning in most hot countries the courses have a lot of dew and are heavily watered this makes your feet very wet if you don't have waterproof shoes.
It can get very uncomfortable if your feet get soaked so get something waterproof it is worth the extra as you need it if you wear them at home as well.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not all clubs allow spikeless shoes in the club house. Mine does not, for instance. They are still classified as golf shoes, and golf shoes are not allowed.

I have two pairs of Ecco gtx goretex lined spikeless, and wear them all year. Dry feet, plenty enough grip, very comfortable.
I have one pair of identical shoes, but no goretex lining. I wore them once, got wet feet, and have used them as work shoes ever since.

stirry

Medal Winner
Visit site
I only wear spikeless shoes now, preffered choice is the Addidas Gripmore. They are great in the wet wouldn't go back to the shoes with the spikes just find the Addidas Gripmore so comfy !!!

Monkey Putter

Hacker
Visit site
I have the Ecco Biom 2 Hybrid spikeless and they are the best shoes I've ever worn. Can't recommend them highly enough. Super comfy, waterproof, great grip in the wet or dry.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only wear spikeless shoes now, preffered choice is the Addidas Gripmore. They are great in the wet wouldn't go back to the shoes with the spikes just find the Addidas Gripmore so comfy !!!

Just looking at them now, with them being fully leather they'd be best when it's wet.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a couple of pairs and the best are my Adicross shoes. They are comfortable, waterproof when there is light rain or heavy dew and most importantly great grip.

Also good for wearing on the driving range.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well thank you all for the replies. Looks like there are a few to check out. looks like il have to try a few as sizing is different it seems with most shoes. Im a 10.5/11 in adidas and a 9.5 in footjoy but i do have narrow feet.