Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why do footballers wear kits?
Why do Scotsmen wear kilts?
Why do soldiers wear uniforms?
Why do rockers wear leather?
Why do punks wear safety pins?
Why do African Maasai people wear red?

Why do people keep asking this question when the answer is obvious: because we're human. It's human nature to live together in packs and we like to identify and advertise ourselves as belonging within that pack to other humans.

The counter argument of "the young don't like dress codes" is a nonsense - ask any kid if they wear the uniform of their football-club/people/service/music/etc and you'll just come across as stupid because of course they do.

Dress codes are part of life. Deal with it or go and find a different tribe to belong to.

In my opinion. ;)
Also imagine 11 footballers wearing different kits.
Rockers don’t have to wear leather.
And I’ve never heard of a Scotsman being turned away from somewhere because he’s not wearing a skirt 👍🏻

Hitdaball

Visit site
Have you got anything sensible to contribute to this discussion?

It’s a genuine question?

Pros wear T shirts , Finau rocked a hood at the open. We can’t wear them at our club.

If you can’t answer a genuine question without spitting your dummy out it’s probably best not to goad folks on threads?

D

Deleted Member 1156

It’s a genuine question?

Pros wear T shirts , Finau rocked a hood at the open. We can’t wear them at our club.

If you can’t answer a genuine question without spitting your dummy out it’s probably best not to goad folks on threads?
Pros don't wear t shirts, the
It’s a genuine question?

T shirts and hoodie, show me 1 Pro that wears them?

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a genuine question?

I don’t think I have ever seen a pro wear a t shirt when playing and Finau had a hood on his waterproofs - they have been around for ages , I had a set years ago

Hitdaball

Visit site
Come on folks- those “ Turtlenecks” Tiger wears as an example - they are just a T Shirt unless to argue otherwise would win an argument.

Anyway back on socks, I think we were looking for why that rule ever came to pass?

D

Deleted member 15344

Come on folks- those “ Turtlenecks” Tiger wears as an example - they are just a T Shirt unless to argue otherwise would win an argument.

Anyway back on socks, I think we were looking for why that rule ever came to pass?

They aren’t t shirts though are they - they are a turtle neck shirt manufactured for gold

As for “why” - who knows , it will be all dependant on each individual club that has the rule - did you ask Sunningdale why there dress code is what it is ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
As i arrived for a few holes today, a young guy 30 ish was being pulled up by a council member in the car park. Because the collarless
[ green lol ] tee shirt he was wearing didn't conform to the dress code.
The guy had booked online and didn't really read the dress code, i butted in and offered him a spare shirt i keep in my locker, he was delighted , even though it was 5 sizes too big :ROFLMAO:.
I showed him around the clubhouse and played a few holes with him, he's now thinking of joining.:D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Those turtle necks are nothing new, Tony Jacklin was wearing them in the 60's and they probably go further back than that.

Hitdaball

Visit site
They aren’t t shirts though are they - they are a turtle neck shirt manufactured for gold

As for “why” - who knows , it will be all dependant on each individual club that has the rule - did you ask Sunningdale why there dress code is what it is ?

They certainly are manufactured for Gold - take a T shirt , get woods to wear it , call it a turtleneck (that would be a turtle with a Chronically short neck) and charge double for it 😂

My own club doesn’t know why they have the rule, I asked 😀.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But just white socks 🤷‍♂️

There doesn't have to be any sense in it. It's just the way it is.

A man in a suit and a bowler hat can put a safety pin through their nose and they're instantly a punk. It's symbolic tribalism.

Why white socks on? It's just the way it is, because somewhere lost in history the tribe's alpha decided it's the way it was going to be and if you didn't like it you're kicked out.

Tribalism is natural. We're natural beings. If you don't like it, find another tribe. There's no other reason. No reason to even find a reason. It's just the way it was, is and always will be.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

We’re just discussing it on a golf forum Phil,doesn’t mean we have to ask every club we play at why 👍🏻

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There doesn't have to be any sense in it. It's just the way it is.

A man in a suit and a bowler hat can put a safety pin through their nose and they're instantly a punk. It's symbolic tribalism.

Why white socks on? It's just the way it is, because somewhere lost in history the tribe's alpha decided it's the way it was going to be and if you didn't like it you're kicked out.

Tribalism is natural. We're natural beings. If you don't like it, find another tribe. There's no other reason. No reason to even find a reason. It's just the way it was, is and always will be.
Bizarre