Sock gate (again)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yep in many clubs rules have changed over the years. Seen it happen in most clubs I have played especially when it comes to dress codes where I have seen them change between visits. Maybe you should give Members clubs a touch more credit
Well, the club in question doesn't seem to have moved much with the times if black knee length socks are acceptable with shorts but black ankle socks aren't......

D

Deleted member 15344

Well, the club in question doesn't seem to have moved much with the times if black knee length socks are acceptable with shorts but black ankle socks aren't......

So one club and have the members put in a request for it to be changed ? Or are the members happy with how the dress code is.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't know Phil..it's in Gillingham.
It's just an example....not every club works like yours.
It may take one member to ask but it would take a majority at AGM to get things changed.
And as the code has been in place for years the chances of drumming up enough support for a change are slim...many simply roll with status quo without thinking about it

Oh I thought if you knew that “many” simply roll with it I thought you might know if the same happened at Gillingham 😉😆

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I don't know Phil..it's in Gillingham.
It's just an example....not every club works like yours.

😂😂😂😂😂
You asked for this Bro.

Just humour him,he’s in his element here 😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Are these long enough

Attachments

• D7480C0E-0EAD-4537-A91A-96363A3BD436.jpeg
    D7480C0E-0EAD-4537-A91A-96363A3BD436.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just had a look on Prestwick GC website since I'm visiting there next month. Thankfully I don't see and crazy sock rules and tailored shorts are permitted.

Great to see a club with such history and "tradition" embracing golfers of "today's era".

Also playing an open at Royal Aberdeen in September, again thankfully no stupid rules re socks.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just had a look on Prestwick GC website since I'm visiting there next month. Thankfully I don't see and crazy sock rules and tailored shorts are permitted.

Great to see a club with such history and "tradition" embracing golfers of "today's era".

Also playing an open at Royal Aberdeen in September,

Because most clubs are the same way - it’s always the minority that get highlighted as if it’s the normal within golf clubs and even more so Members clubs. With the clubs I have played there is only few that I can recall where you weren’t allowed to play with short socks - Brancaster , RSG and Deal where you most wear long socks

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Because most clubs are the same way - it’s always the minority that get highlighted as if it’s the normal within golf clubs and even more so Members clubs. With the clubs I have played there is only few that I can recall where you weren’t allowed to play with short socks - Brancaster , RSG and Deal where you most wear long socks

That is another three to add to my avoid list, thanks for the information.

D

Deleted member 15344

That is another three to add to my avoid list, thanks for the information.
That’s a shame as they are some of best experiences in golf within the UK especially the two stunning links courses in Kent