Sock gate (again)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Has anybody done a correlation yet on views towards white socks and their voting intentions on Brexit? Surely the two must be related?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I'll save you reading all 25 pages. There are two camps:

1 / What the hell does it matter what socks you wear, why does the rule exist?
2/ Those are the rules, wear the socks you are told to wear

By all means read the 25 pages and have a good chuckle but I think that is a fair summary :D

Point 1, its 2019👍
Point 2, do folk not know its 2019😳

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You know I think half the problem is that many clubs may not have established any dress code for their members

They either:
Find a dress code picture on the internet (you know the ones) and write some words around it considering what it suggests to them
Copy dress code text from another golf club website & make a couple of guilty random tweaks (so it doesn’t look like they ‘stole’ it)
Amend an existing dress code multiple times over many many years rather than redo it periodically

None of the above represents any thought process or consideration towards what would be a suitable dress code for their members for this year

Tashyboy

Visit site
Socks of any sort, other than trainer socks, look naff with shorts.
This ^^
But me i have to wear trainer socks. Any sports socks set my ankles off with an ankle rash. It is purgatory. Fortunately i have stumbled across lancaster sun cream which massively helps. I even wear low socks in the winter. Thermal/ winter socks just make the condition worse. So fashion, club rules etc etc are not much of a consideration for me. Comfort every time.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
You know I think half the problem is that many clubs may not have established any dress code for their members

They either:
Find a dress code picture on the internet (you know the ones) and write some words around it considering what it suggests to them
Copy dress code text from another golf club website & make a couple of guilty random tweaks (so it doesn’t look like they ‘stole’ it)
Amend an existing dress code multiple times over many many years rather than redo it periodically

None of the above represents any thought process or consideration towards what would be a suitable dress code for their members for this year

One would also suggest that when a dress code is “found”. It is found by someone over the age of 65 that.
A, has no dress sense.
B, is dressed by his mother.

D

Deleted member 15344

They either:

Most of the dress code issues are mainly see at Members clubs - the thing about a Members club is if the members don’t like them or agree with them they can get them changed through their normal channels - it has happened at our place. And most of the dress codes are just passed down from each committee to each committee and nothing will change unless someone wants it too. And it only needs one member to put the request in

In other clubs they are normally from the owner or from the pro or secretary etc and even then it just needs someone to ask the question why

So I think most of the dress code issues can be solved by just asking the question and if you want put in a proposal to get them changed - if you go to a Members club and you don’t like the dress code it’s better to remember that the dress code is there because the members want it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It may take one member to ask but it would take a majority at AGM to get things changed.
And as the code has been in place for years the chances of drumming up enough support for a change are slim...many simply roll with status quo without thinking about it

D

Deleted member 15344

It may take one member to ask but it would take a majority at AGM to get things changed.
And as the code has been in place for years the chances of drumming up enough support for a change are slim...many simply roll with status quo without thinking about it

Yet we have managed to get a number of things changed via the AGM especially in regards the dress code.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yep,I reckon even if some thought it was a silly rule they wouldn’t say so in case the upset the Apple cart.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hence the word Many...

Yep in many clubs rules have changed over the years. Seen it happen in most clubs I have played especially when it comes to dress codes where I have seen them change between visits. Maybe you should give Members clubs a touch more credit