Sock gate (again)

Wolf

Visit site
Now I'm deeply troubled......
I've just looked at GGC's website and found their dress code.
You can wear ANY colour knee length socks - even black, multicoloured, red, purple, lime green.......
But as soon as the length of the sock reduces to ankle height they must be white........
I can understand and accept it if ALL socks had to be white with shorts but now the length of sock is determining the colour....
Sweet Jesus, I think my brain has just exploded.....
Somebody please tell me I'm reading this incorrectly....
This is completely bonkers......
Funny thing here Imurg is the club in question (GGC) would allow you in the clubhouse in shorts whilst wearing no socks with your shoes, they'll even allow you in wearing flip flops but not anything but white socks on the course 😂

How do I know this I've done all the above as I play there often when I go back home for a round with my old man

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Funny thing here Imurg is the club in question (GGC) would allow you in the clubhouse in shorts whilst wearing no socks with your shoes, they'll even allow you in wearing flip flops but not anything but white socks on the course 😂

How do I know this I've done all the above as I play there often when I go back home for a round with my old man

what's the rule when it comes to socks with crocs at GGC?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

I need a lie down on a dark room......o_O

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There’s nothing worse than the forest of middle aged, brilliant white, varicose veined, legs on display, as soon as the sun comes out 🤮

Just wear trousers & leave the shorts for the kids!

My fav is when they wear the knee socks with the socks

Surely defeats the objective .. just wear trousers

Wolf

Visit site
I need a lie down on a dark room......o_O
Even funnier you're old pro who grew up playing there is now having a full on debate with some of the existing members about it. He's off the opinion game needs move forward and sock colour shouldn't matter. The members kicking off about standards, so I've asked how come I can wear flip flops in the clubhouse but not different coloured socks on the course 😂

I'm now sitting back watching the fall out. 😂

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
That would be all good if the course required a certain uniform.
Like white polo,blue shorts,white socks.

But just white socks 🤷‍♂️

Give it a rest. It is because it sets a standard, a limit.
A club without a dress code finished up with a player on the third green wearing wellies! I know, I saw it.
Taking your way of thinking , that's the sort of crap standard we'll start seeing on golf courses.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I can't understand why people are so worried about having to wear white socks. Does it affect their putting or something? :unsure:

And for the record, I actually don't care what colour socks people wear just don't wear black socks with white shoes if you're playing with me because I won't be able to stop laughing at how much of a knob you'll look :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I can't understand why people are so worried about having to wear white socks. QUOTE]

And the question being asked on the other side.....
Why are people so worried about what colour socks someone is wearing..?
Apart from looking vaguely odd, what relevance does the colour of your socks have...?
Illogical.