Sky...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If correct I'd suggest they start with that then, might make the Q a bit shorter ;) They can always talk about canceling if no deal offered
Whenever I ring up, I am upfront about wanting a better deal. It gets them onside and they seem to work hard to try and keep any price increase to an absolute minimum. They know people are trying to play a game with the cancelling threat and it it serves the caller right if they just go ahead and cancel.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Whenever I ring up, I am upfront about wanting a better deal. It gets them onside and they seem to work hard to try and keep any price increase to an absolute minimum. They know people are trying to play a game with the cancelling threat and it it serves the caller right if they just go ahead and cancel.

Yeah joking aside, the person should still find out what’s caused them to ask to cancel.
Lots of problems are easy fixed, cost being one of the popular ones. But as you say if cost is the issue then its best to say so, at least both ppl are working on the same problem then

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
People are playing a game, it’s the same game that Sky and others are playing. Buying tv deals is not just limited to Sky. You can go from company to company. It just seems Sky want to charge as much as they think people will pay. Sometimes it don’t work for them.

Springveldt

Visit site
Binned off Sky about 5 years ago now. I was the only one watching it and really only for Celtic games and golf. Since they pay peanuts to the Scottish teams I just decided I wasn’t going to continue paying to fund the premier league.

Was with them for 20 years and they didn’t offer a deal at the time. When they split the sports up I was going to get just Sky Golf but they wanted me to take out the entertainment package with it and I think they quoted £38 a month for it and golf. Haven’t spoken to them since.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Binned off Sky about 5 years ago now. I was the only one watching it and really only for Celtic games and golf. Since they pay peanuts to the Scottish teams I just decided I wasn’t going to continue paying to fund the premier league.

Was with them for 20 years and they didn’t offer a deal at the time. When they split the sports up I was going to get just Sky Golf but they wanted me to take out the entertainment package with it and I think they quoted £38 a month for it and golf. Haven’t spoken to them since.
Thanks for your reply other than liking Celtic. 😜