Sky...

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hello,

I know this will have been discussed before but looking for recent deals to be had.
I have sky TV (general channels) plus Sky Golf. Paying £47 but email says £4.50 increase coming. Still got a sky+ HD box.

Would appreciate hearing about any deals anyone has secured recently.

Thanks.

4LEX

Visit site
Hello,

I know this will have been discussed before but looking for recent deals to be had.
I have sky TV (general channels) plus Sky Golf. Paying £47 but email says £4.50 increase coming. Still got a sky+ HD box.

Would appreciate hearing about any deals anyone has secured recently.

Thanks.

How long have you been with them Ken? If it's a long time ring up and threaten to leave, they'll offer you a big reduction most likely.

I cancelled Sky and switched to Now TV a few years back. I miss putting on stuff that's live but the apps are a click away for anything I'm desperate to watch on normal TV. I recently threatened to cancel my Sky Sports sub and they offered me a 6 month deal at £19.99 a month.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a Now TV 12 month Sky Sports pass for my older boys birthday present as he's into F1 and football. £21 a month for 12 months and gives access to all 12 Sky Sports channels.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Not the same provider, but every time our TV and internet supplier announces a price increase, my wife calls and complains, telling them how long we've been a loyal customer. And it works, there's always a reduced price offered due to "loyalty".

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've got the Sky Entertainment and Sports packages. Have been paying just over £30 a month. Last month the price shot up. I called them up, they said my discount had ended and it would now be £72. I threatened to leave and they then said the best the could do was £48.

I said no thanks and went ahead with the cancellation.

A week later I got a call from them offering the same package for £35 for the next 18 months. I thought that was fair enough and accepted that.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been with them for ages. We have high speed broadband , multi room , HD, all sports, Disney, Netflix …everything but the movies.

They’re putting us up from £140 to £150. Going to call them this week and see what we can get. It’s got out of control.

My only reservation is the broadband and the time it takes to change to a new provider as I work from home.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been with them for ages. We have high speed broadband , multi room , HD, all sports, Disney, Netflix …everything but the movies.

They’re putting us up from £140 to £150. Going to call them this week and see what we can get. It’s got out of control.

My only reservation is the broadband and the time it takes to change to a new provider as I work from home.

Andy, we've swapped broadband providers before and had minimal downtime.

Also, not been offered a better deal to stay with Sky but we've never had sports, multiroom etc

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

We are in the same position (and I’m relieved to discover there are others and it’s not just us) other than we have Cinema rather than Disney….looking at £150 and I really struggle to justify it. As you say…it’s got out of control so even with my inertia I’m going to have to do something about it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fdf

I'd be looking into now TV for the sport and TV
Disney plus and netflix
7.99 month Disney
10.99 month netflix

Now TV with sport
£34.99

Boost (hd TV)
£6.99

Now entertainment

£10

£71 a month roughly for all that

Then just need to get broadband from someone and you will smash that £150 easily and can cancel any package at any time that you don't watch

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You may find offering to switching your BB will give you more negotiating power.

Only issue with that is if you want to leave they have a hold over you

I just left bt and had to give up a few months of BT sport because of the way they worked the contract

Now days you can get really good stand alone broadband contracts it's worth considering separate to give you the most power when it comes to price wars as you can litterally go ok I'm off

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I just left bt and had to give up a few months of BT sport because of the way they worked the contract

Now days you can get really good stand alone broadband contracts it's worth considering separate to give you the most power when it comes to price wars as you can litterally go ok I'm off
I’m thinking my inertia to changing anything is down to feeling I don’t want to change BB provider (from Sky). I know that that doesn’t really stop me from changing anything else, however, inertia and avoidance of change…

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site

Can you not get Now TV without contract, this could cover any downtime on the changeover period?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m thinking my inertia to changing anything is down to feeling I don’t want to change BB provider (from Sky). I know that that doesn’t really stop me from changing anything else, however, inertia and avoidance of change…

I literally set up my community fibre connection and had it running a few days knowing the connection was stable before I kicked bt into touch, can't do with no internet for a few days it's a pain
Can you not get Now TV without contract, this could cover any downtime on the changeover period?

Yes you can, however it seems pretty good price to get it all separately then cancel what you don't need as and when. For example if just a footy fan that's 2 months without sky sports which saves £70

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

We swapped to NOW for BB a couple of years ago with no issues. Sky couldn't price match even though it's the same.

We have limited options for swapping here.