Sky...

Buckles01

Visit site
Much as I hate the business models of Sky and Virgin, they are fundamentally interested in how much they can make from each contract and if they believe you won’t leave them, they will squeeze for as much as they can. We’re currently with Virgin Media for everything. 500mb BB, Netflix, Sky Sports, TNT, Cinema, literally the works. We were until last month paying £120pm but this was due to go up to £185 as out of contract. Rang them up on Monday and eventually was put through to retentions, had a chat and the best they could do was £165 so I gave my 30 day cancellation notice. Fast forward 24 hours and received a call from them asking why I was leaving. To cut a long story short £72 pm including an upgrade to 1gb broadband. These companies work with complex algorithms, with discounts on offer it was cheaper to upgrade. My advice would be play the game as annoying as it is.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been with them for ages. We have high speed broadband , multi room , HD, all sports, Disney, Netflix …everything but the movies.

They’re putting us up from £140 to £150. Going to call them this week and see what we can get. It’s got out of control.

My only reservation is the broadband and the time it takes to change to a new provider as I work from home.

if you have got a good 4g signal you can use a mobile wifi device in the meantime. The only downside is that the SIM can be speed limited unless you opt for a more expensive SIM

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know it is getting harder and harder to negotiate a good deal over the phone all I managed this time was to limit my full HD package to within £2 of my existing price £66-up to £68
included sports and movies.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hello,

I know this will have been discussed before but looking for recent deals to be had.
I have sky TV (general channels) plus Sky Golf. Paying £47 but email says £4.50 increase coming. Still got a sky+ HD box.

Would appreciate hearing about any deals anyone has secured recently.

Thanks.
One of the other ways you might consider is switching to sky stream, currently £26 + £20 (with Netflix as well if I am reading it correctly), if you have a good broadband connection.

Also consider upgrading to SKYQ the box is a lot better than the HD box.

Although a few years ago I got the upgrade for just £20.

4LEX

Visit site
Fdf

I'd be looking into now TV for the sport and TV
Disney plus and netflix
7.99 month Disney
10.99 month netflix

Now TV with sport
£34.99

Boost (hd TV)
£6.99

Now entertainment

£10

£71 a month roughly for all that

Then just need to get broadband from someone and you will smash that £150 easily and can cancel any package at any time that you don't watch

I can guarentee you that you'll be able to reduce that Sports to £19.99 after a few months too.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Virgin can be a75eholes too. Been with them over 10 years and the arguement I had to have to get my package cost right was insane.

Like others, our biggest issue is poor 3G/4g in our area so we can’t be without Wi-Fi during a change over of providers

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I can't believe some people are paying these companies well in excess of £100 a month. one of my regular PPS was moaning last week about paying Sky £130 a month yet has never haggled with them.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't believe some people are paying these companies well in excess of £100 a month. one of my regular PPS was moaning last week about paying Sky £130 a month yet has never haggled with them.

Is this not because now days people say "I'm paying sky £130 a month" but also includes their broadband and phone?

My broadband is £30 a month

TV wise I pay

Licence fee £14 a month
Netflix £11 a month
Amazon prime (have to use for delivery) £8 a month
Disney plus £10 a month
Itv x £4 a month
Paramount plus (got a deal) £3 a month

So even that adds up to £50 for all the TV and £30 broadband

That's with no sports (was paying tnt £25 a month)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just about negotiation time for me. Been a year since I moved in, currently paying £72 a month for sports and basic with Netflix, and am hardly watching it these days. Will be making a call.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is this not because now days people say "I'm paying sky £130 a month" but also includes their broadband and phone?
I pay Sky £35 a month for TV including Sky Sports and HD.

BT £30 a month for Full Fibre 500 and phone line (bit annoying as we never use the land line).

IPTV for everything else (although only really use it to watch our home games which are otherwise unavailable in the UK), thats £50 a year.)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I pay Sky £35 a month for TV including Sky Sports and HD.

BT £30 a month for Full Fibre 500 and phone line (bit annoying as we never use the land line).

IPTV for everything else (although only really use it to watch our home games which are otherwise unavailable in the UK), thats £50 a year.)

If sky want to end IPTV like they claim they need to lower their prices and offer more games for it

I mean I've happily paid tnt sport for the past 3 seasons because west ham have been in Europe. So I've seen all our games for £25 a month at the time.. reasonable

But when it's whoever they pick on sky it loses my custom

I'm not interested in say Burnley Vs Luton

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There must be plenty of people leaving Sky.

We got our Sky renewal and promptly cancelled Sky sports. Been with them over 20 Years. Missis T rang up Sky and eventually got through to a foreign exchange caller. Now don’t get me wrong the English was good enough but there was definitely no understanding of the conversation.
Missis T told them she wanted to cancel Sky sports. And he said “ ok”. Went through the process of cancelling it, Missis T told him we are paying more and more for less and less. He said “ ok”. No attempt to keep a 20 odd year customer. No attempt to do a deal.
Quite frankly it has got very expensive for what it is. Over the years we have dumped films and now sports. When you factor in there is Apple, Netflix, Amazon, BT, etc etc to choose from.

Bottom line there is a reason why folk now buy fire sticks.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

We got our Sky renewal and promptly cancelled Sky sports. Been with them over 20 Years. Missis T rang up Sky and eventually got through to a foreign exchange caller. Now don’t get me wrong the English was good enough but there was definitely no understanding of the conversation.
Missis T told them she wanted to cancel Sky sports. And he said “ ok”. Went through the process of cancelling it, Missis T told him we are paying more and more for less and less. He said “ ok”. No attempt to keep a 20 odd year customer. No attempt to do a deal.
Quite frankly it has got very expensive for what it is. Over the years we have dumped films and now sports. When you factor in there is Apple, Netflix, Amazon, BT, etc etc to choose from.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to pay for TV , especially when your not going out as much it's your entertainment

But when it breaks the £100 pm it gets a bit silly

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

you mean Mrs Tash called and said cancel my account and the fella just believed she was telling the truth and followed her request. Jeez what's the world coming to! :p

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
you mean Mrs Tash called and said cancel my account and the fella just believed she was telling the truth and followed her request. Jeez what's the world coming to! :p
I'd say the majority of people who phone up and say they want to cancel are in fact looking for a deal, most probably the one they were on previously.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm not interested in say Burnley Vs Luton

Steady on now, some of us have to sit and watch this as season ticket holders. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I know what you mean, you can see certain weeks when there are other major sporting events on there are some games on with little interest to neutral supporters.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd say the majority of people who phone up and say they want to cancel are in fact looking for a deal, most probably the one they were on previously.

If correct I'd suggest they start with that then, might make the Q a bit shorter ;) They can always talk about canceling if no deal offered