Scottish Golf WHS migration to DotGolf

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My handicap has gone up from 17.4 to 20.5, only 9 scores appear to have moved over from old system.

I'm also still registered at my old club despite leaving there in march and joining my new club in July.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does anyone know when will we be allowed to enter scores for hcp again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221223_081215_Scottish Golf.jpg
    Screenshot_20221223_081215_Scottish Golf.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 15

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Trying hard to avoid this turning into a rant because the SG implementation of WHS has been an appalling waste of time and money from first concept all the way through to its final welcome death.

This morning I got an email notification that the migration to DotGolf is running ahead of schedule, happy days, so I logged into the website and was surprised to see that my HI has dropped from 12.3 to 11.3. That’s nice to see but I’ve not played since September?

Putting aside my belief that the previous system was a shambles and likely wrong, has anyone else logged into the new platform via SG’s website and finding their HI has changed significantly?

System is great. You don't like it tough it's here to stay.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not at all what I’m talking about. The world handicap system on paper is fine. Scottish Golf’s implementation of it has been misguided and awful.

I totally disagree. It's been absolutely flawless for me and I like it. I appreciate the behind the scenes elements were not initially up to scratch however having listened to the feedback and criticism they have rectified it.

Each to their own but I think it's a great and simple system.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally disagree. It's been absolutely flawless for me and I like it. I appreciate the behind the scenes elements were not initially up to scratch however having listened to the feedback and criticism they have rectified it.

Rectified at great cost after an idiotic scheme in which they dreamt up the notion they could become their own in-house software as a service developer.

Hardly a surprise though, it was entirely predictable coming from an organisation that has a reputation of finding themselves in misguided wastes of money that require a complete tear down and rebuild at our members’ expense.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rectified at great cost after an idiotic scheme in which they dreamt up the notion they could become their own in-house software as a service developer.

Hardly a surprise though, it was entirely predictable coming from an organisation that has a reputation of finding themselves in misguided wastes of money that require a complete tear down and rebuild at our members’ expense.

Again - going over old history I would agree with you 100% when it was the old SGU.

We'll agree to disagree re the SG as we're all entitled to our opinions. Have a great Christmas.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Again - going over old history I would agree with you 100% when it was the old SGU.

We'll agree to disagree re the SG as we're all entitled to our opinions. Have a great Christmas.

No argument here, just how I see it. Best wishes to you and yours too.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I could conceive that there would be very minor changes due to differences in rounding (I seem to recall that SG were different from EG) although whether that would affect the HI I don’t know, but there is no other reason for a change and certainly not a full shot. @Jimaroid Have there be any other changes in your record?
Rounding is a nightmare if you've lovingly crafted your own spreadsheet and the algorithms and rules are not published. I had a bit of a problem reconciling my South African handicap with my spreadsheet. The reason was that they store differentials in their database to 4 decimal places. But at least HNA are really responsive and helpful when asked about this stuff.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Heading to a golf day at Troon and just went into the Scottish Golf app to check my handicap on the course and it's no longer working. Anyone know the new app name?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heading to a golf day at Troon and just went into the Scottish Golf app to check my handicap on the course and it's no longer working. Anyone know the new app name?
Has your club been able to revert to its original ISV (eg ClubV1, HandicapMaster etc)? I they have try logging in there.

Have you seen this ?
https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/news/scottish-golf-world-handicap-system-freeze/

which includes
There is a brand new My Scottish Golf app coming in 2023. Please keep checking these pages for links to the app on Apple store and Google Play.

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The App isn't ready yet, you need to log on to the Scottish Golf Website and create a new account (this will be your logon for the new App too) https://www.scottishgolf.org/

Has your club not communicated this?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
"Keep checking these pages" is shorthand for, "we've no idea when we're able to get the thing working."
Was always scheduled for Monday release, however there are back end issues so possibly the App might be delayed a wee bit too. Big deal tbh,who on earth is wanting to put cards in in January?