Scottish Golf WHS migration to DotGolf

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trying hard to avoid this turning into a rant because the SG implementation of WHS has been an appalling waste of time and money from first concept all the way through to its final welcome death.

This morning I got an email notification that the migration to DotGolf is running ahead of schedule, happy days, so I logged into the website and was surprised to see that my HI has dropped from 12.3 to 11.3. That’s nice to see but I’ve not played since September?

Putting aside my belief that the previous system was a shambles and likely wrong, has anyone else logged into the new platform via SG’s website and finding their HI has changed significantly?

D-S

Visit site
I could conceive that there would be very minor changes due to differences in rounding (I seem to recall that SG were different from EG) although whether that would affect the HI I don’t know, but there is no other reason for a change and certainly not a full shot. @Jimaroid Have there be any other changes in your record?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Comparing scores on the existing App (which still shows the old data) and the shiny new web postal one Nett differential score is different (which should explain the change in handicap.) It's for a 9 hole medal and has gone from a nett differential of 6.0 up to 7.0 in the new system. Who is right and wrong I have no idea, but for those with bigger discrepancies you should be able to track the origin down by making similar comparisons. Probably worth screenshooting the old data as it will become invisible at some point.

:rolleyes:

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Ian. So, looking side by side, it appears some of my scores are missing in the new system.

Another fine mess!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just did it and wish i hadn't what a palaver.

And yes handicap changed, on the app before logging on showing 3.2 on the new site 2.5.
No comps since September

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I received something today re SG app change. I am registered with EG and the guy at SG said it would not work. Explained it worked before as I would not have received the email. No reply.

Thought SG and EG were supposed to be compatible. has this happened or have I something wrong here?