Sad news

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Awful news Chris. Hope your also OK as you and him played a fair bit together over the years.
He was a nice guy, a good golfer and was always up for the forum meets.
I'm ok thanks, very sad but ok. Yes it is awful, not least because his wife, son, mother and father are all nice people and this is just about the worst thing that could happen to them. I'm sad for all of them as well as a Ash himself - these things should just not happen in today's world, help should be there for troubled souls

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm ok thanks, very sad but ok. Yes it is awful, not least because his wife, son, mother and father are all nice people and this is just about the worst thing that could happen to them. I'm sad for all of them as well as a Ash himself - these things should just not happen in today's world, help should be there for troubled souls

Do you know if he sought help for his struggles?

JayB

Visit site
Such sad news, I never knew him or even aware of him on the forum but I really feel for him, the feelings you have when in such a dark place are just so overwhelming. RIP fella and hope the family, in time, can find comfort in the good times they shared.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some of the forum members will remember MashleyR7 who attended some forum meets and, in particular, visits to H4H where he finished 2nd on one occasion. Ashley, in his early 40' s was found dead a week ago and sadly leaves behind a young son. I played in a number of meets with him, and for a while at my own club where he was also a member before moving on to Littlestone where we also enjoyed a few games. Sadly his mental health issues got the better of him and I'm so sad that he's no longer with us

RIP ... Mashley

I remember playing with you and him at the H4H meet at Blackmoor.
He was a charming, regular guy.
I'm so sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with all of his family and friends.
:cry:

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just read this and that is awful news, he was a great bloke . I'm so sorry for his family and friends and from personal experience I know what they are going through.
Thank you for letting us know Chris .

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just a catch up

Today was Mashley's funeral.

A very sad affair but his mates injected some humour and the other tributes were very appropriate and fitting. I liked the guy and enjoyed many rounds of golf with him but sadly the brain can make people act in a way that can't be explained. The service programme included a photo that I took of him with his dad at The Open at Royal St George's 18th green and i will keep the programme for ever.

RIP Ash

Hooker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Terribly sad news, Met Ashley at a forum meet at Littlestone before he joined and he was so happy after he got in.

Echo what others have said he was a lovely guy and can't believe this could happen to him.

Rest in peace and hopefully his son will know what a great guy his dad was.

Please send our condolences on to his family Chris.

Red devil

Visit site
Just a catch up

Today was Mashley's funeral.

A very sad affair but his mates injected some humour and the other tributes were very appropriate and fitting. I liked the guy and enjoyed many rounds of golf with him but sadly the brain can make people act in a way that can't be explained. The service programme included a photo that I took of him with his dad at The Open at Royal St George's 18th green and i will keep the programme for ever.

RIP Ash
This is very sad and unfortunately in my line of work I see it all too often. When I'm out in nature playing golf I think, what a wonderful world. But for some it isn't. I wish he'd looked for help because frankly it's such a damn shame.