What else do you get out of golf.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The opposite perspective for me! Been injured for too long, been very frustrating through lockdown with no fix in sight! I definitely miss the whole experience, hitting balls on a practise ground on my own, friendly golf, competitive golf, team golf (ok not foursomes), bit of exercise, several hours out in nature, but moreso friendships, banter, support, laughter, tears, good shots, bad shots, rollups, twilight games, away days at different courses and a whole lot more. More than anything I miss a game with my dad and a few beers after. We still do the few beers (and dinner tomorrow :) ) but a lot of the best times Ive had with my dad have been on the cricket field or golf course and not sure how many more Im going to get

To quote a bad song lyric "you dont know what youve got till its gone!"

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Having a laugh & getting away from “real life” for a while.
Played yesterday after work,great way to start the wk end.
Although can’t see us getting many more twilight rounds in ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Over time, I have realised one of the most important/happy parts of golf for me, is to watch other people hit good shots based on their standard.

Also like laughing when people hit real bad shots as well.

I always feel guilty for doing this, but can't help it sometimes.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Apart from the actual enjoyment of trying to beat the gof course.

Getting away from day to day stuff for a few hours. Me and the mate I play most of my golf with don't talk about work, or family stuff while on the course. And we laugh/take the piss when we hit awful shots. Which is often ?

It's also great to play golf with the kids as we can chat and have a laugh without too many other distractions.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Life is boring, nasty and humiliating.
Golf is a leveller and for a short while it alleviates suffering.
Make the ball a scapegoat for all your frustrations.