S LIne Golf (efdeel) : My Swing Progress - Moe Norman Inspired Golf Swing

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Seriously you need to give this method up. Your coming across the ball quite alot and in order to try and keep a straight path you are not rotating onto your left side, keeping your weight back and tilting back to try and correct your path. You need to stop doing this before it becomes a habit you cant get rid of.

I get you idolise Moe Norman but believe it or not Moe aas very flexible and pretty athletic as a youngster he had quick hips which allowed him to swing the way he did. For your average guy of average flexibility and athletic ability, it's just not going to be a swing which you can make work. Go to a respected PGA pro in your area, you will make real improvements

efdeel

Visit site
Seriously you need to give this method up. Your coming across the ball quite alot and in order to try and keep a straight path you are not rotating onto your left side, keeping your weight back and tilting back to try and correct your path. You need to stop doing this before it becomes a habit you cant get rid of.

I get you idolise Moe Norman but believe it or not Moe aas very flexible and pretty athletic as a youngster he had quick hips which allowed him to swing the way he did. For your average guy of average flexibility and athletic ability, it's just not going to be a swing which you can make work. Go to a respected PGA pro in your area, you will make real improvements

I agree with you about younger Moe flexibility.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Give it up and get a PGA pro to help before it is too late. There is clearly some golfing aptitude but trying to emulate Moe isn't the way to go and it was so unique is why many took some of the key elements of his swing but then fed them into a more conventional swing. To be blunt, swinging like that, there is no way you'll achieve your aim to represent your class. Get professional advice now, work as hard as you have on the Moe swing on perfecting a more moderns swing and I think you will be able to play better and achieve your goal

D

Deleted member 23270

I've been watching these videos from the start. The biggest improvement I can see is the width of the driving range ?

efdeel

Visit site
Strike location on the view video at the end looks very high on the face. Middle but very high.

Could be your delivery or the ball jumping on the mat.

Yup, I just realize using small mat at backyard practice was bad idea. The mat was moving at impact, it cause the ball also moving, and my swing try to compensate that which is not god.

efdeel

Visit site
I've been watching these videos from the start. The biggest improvement I can see is the width of the driving range ?

Eager to see your course or driving range....(at summer I suppose)
So I can forget about swing thing for a moment.

efdeel

Visit site
Keeping both your feet on the ground through the ball is going to result in you coming more over the top than you already are at the moment. It's a bad thing to do. I'd advise you if your serious about improving as a golfer to go and seek professional help ? Your on some whacky goose chase trying to be the next Moe Norman but you are who you are dont try and be someone else. Find your own swing

Noted. About coming over the top.

efdeel

Visit site
More important to take note of the advice to get a professional to give some solid and correct technical instruction

1. after I get some .... you know, cash.
2. like to find a pro, like Bryson Dechambeau have. The one that do not change swing but help to perfecting someone swing.

just courious, who was Bryson's coach at his early career? He must be good and open minded coach.
Not because I ask I wanna hire him....I dont wanna be a tour pro anyway.

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
With all the practice you have done you have done, this is what I see.

Poor address position
Strong grip
Inconsistent ball position
Cluface closed on the backswing
Very little wrist hinge
Throw at the top of the (half) backswing
Out to in downswing
Right side collapses through impact
No footwork
No weight transfer
Hips haven't cleared through impact
Poor balance

You need to start practicing good things, not bad things

efdeel

Visit site
Even Bryson Decambeau made his own custom clubs....for his palm grip swing.
I am palm grip swinger.
Imagine how hard I can practice swing with "my own palm grip swing"...with old, cheap, not fitted of the shelf club. Must be tons of struggle there.

I am practice "palm grip swing" with "fingers grip clubs".....must be hard, definitely. but I enjoy the process.

just a small time story;
My brother in law, take a $500 golf lesson, brand new clubs....after short time he never play golf anymore. Either golf is not his passion, or he cant find the joy in golf....I donno. He have tons of cash, but not enjoying golf...in other side, I am short of cash but I love golf. Ok, that's life.

Last edited: